#08

a few weeks had passed and there was still no improvement in naira's condition though she went to all the sessions the doctor booked for her.

right now she was sitting with surekha and dadi who were trying to feed her.

"aunty , please leave this. i am fully." naira gulped down the last bite and moved a bit away.

"no. you need to finish this whole." dadi said strictly.

naira pouted and took another bite of her food. while chewing , a sharp pain shot in her head and she clutched to the side of her head.

she suddenly had a flashback of an old lady feeding someone the same way she was being fed.

"ugh.." she groaned.

"naira! are you okay?" asked surekha as she passed a glass of water to her.

naira took a sip and shut her eyes tightly. "y-yes aunty. i'm fine." she exhaled loudly.

when she opened her eyes , she felt a bit better. "aunty , i'll go in the room now." she said standing up.

"c'mon. i will drop you." surekha said coming with her.

as they reached the room , surekha turned towards her and held her hand. "if you need anything , just call me." she cupped her cheek and left.

once again , pain shot through her head and everything around her got blurry and she fainted.

there , kartik was not better. he had dark circles around his eyes. his eyes had lost all the shine. his face was dull. he was slouching down , not walking in his usual cheery way.

he had just returned from the chemist as the medicines prescribed were finished. as he entered , he spotted dadi and surekha siting.

"dadi , chachi , have you seen naira?" he asked fiddling with the packet he held.

"she had a headache. she went to the room to sleep." surekha replied.

kartik smiled and nodded at her before heading upstairs. as he reached their room , he saw naira fainted on the floor.

"naira!" he quickly went towards her and picked her up.

listening to her shout , swarna and manish came towards their room and saw naira unconscious in kartik's arms.

dadi , surekha and akhilesh too came up listening to all the shuffling. samarth and gayu weren't here as kartik told gayu to stay away from stress.

they had gone to live in the house they had in shimla. "what happened here?!" asked manish.

"papa i don't know. you first please call the doctor." pleaded kartik.

the whole time he kept holding her hand and kept giving little kisses on the back of it and mumbled- 'please be fine.' or 'wake up jaan.'

"sir , let me check her." kartik's head snapped up as he saw the doctor.

he nodded and slowly moved out of the room. he saw everyone standing with worried faces.

"chachi , do you know what happened?" he asked calmly.

"maaji was feeding her when she let out a cry of pain. she then said she wants to go to the room. i don't know after that." surekha replied honestly.

swarna took kartik to a side as she noticed the family members calming dadi. "kartik , i think she might've gotten some flashbacks when maaji fed her. remember when she got her arm fractured?" she reasoned.

"let's see what the doctor says maa." he said and she nodded.

a few more minutes passed , the doctor came towards kartik and took hum inside. "sir , it seems she remembered something from the pass. she must have gotten flashbacks. and while trying to remember , she got too stress which caused her headache and she fainted. i have given her the injection. she should be asleep for now. and try to avoid these situations. tell her , the memories will gradually come. i saw her reports , she is attending her regular sessions so its fine. just keep her away from any stressful environment."