#06

swarna had just reached the goenka villa. she got out of the car and paid the taxi driver before entering inside.

she took a deep breath and entered the house. there suhasini was sitting in front of the temple while surekha was instructing the workers to di their work.

"arey. didi , you came." surekha said catching suhasini's attention.

"swarna. hamari bacchi kaisi hai ab? aur kittu? vo kaha hai." suhasini asked.

seeing her mother-in-law so vulnerable , swarna wanted to cry.

"maa ji. where is manish ji and akhilesh ji?" she ignored her question.

"didi , they are in their rooms. i will call them." surekha was about to go but swarna stopped her.

"call gayu and samarth too. please." swarna said and she nodded.

"swarna you are making me worried. tell me what's the matter." suhasini said.

"maa ji , let others come too. i will tell everything." she replied.

a good ten minutes later , the goenka family was in the hall. "before i start..." swarna began.

".. i want you all to sit down and don't panic." she said.

she took a deep breath. "naira is suffering from amnesia." she closed her eyes.

"what?!" exclaimed manish.

"yes manish ji. she forgot us. she forgot everything." swarna wiped her tear.

"didi how-" gayu choked on a sob.

samarth rubbed her back to comfort her. suhasini started sobbing. manish too had tears in his eyes.

akhilesh and surekha were blank faced. "bhabhi , did doctors say something?" akhilesh asked.

"unhone kaha ki naira ke brain mei swelling hai. swelling toh kam ho jaegi magar memory ka kuch keh nahi sakte. ek hafta , ek mahina aur ek saal bhi lag sakta hai." swarna said wiping her tears.

they all sat there in silence. no one could form any words after what they heard.

hospital

naira was sitting in her room when kartik entered. "hi." he said.

"hello." she replied.

he stood at a distance from her not to make her uncomfortable. she smiled seeing his gesture.

"how are you feeling?" he asked softly.

"kartik listen. i know it is hard for you to accept the fact that i don't remember anything. aapka behaviour dekh kar yahi lagta hai ki aap mujhse bohot pyaar karte thhe. please , mere liye bhi yeh aasan nahi tha accept karna ki mai apni zindagi ke kuch saal bhool gayi hu. trust me aapke support ke saath we can overcome this together." naira spoke straight facts.