#02

the next morning kartik was the first one to wake up. he let naira sleep for a while and went to manish's room. akhilesh was with manish the whole night so kartik was comfortable with naira.

he entered the room and it was empty. he panicked and called akhilesh. "hello chachu.." he said.

"thank god you called. i was about to. the doctor had discharged bhaisaab yesterday night. i came to inform you but you and naira both were asleep. i didn't wanted to disturb you so i came. don't worry he is fine. and i bought the medicines as well. surekha will be arriving with naira's and your clothes. come back soon. " kartik was relieved to hear this.

he went to the washroom and washed his face and freshen up. he went back to naira's room and saw the doctor checking her.

"everything alright , doctor?" he asked.

"yes mr. goenka. everything is normal. i'll come with the discharge papers , after that you can leave." he exited the room.

"hey how you feeling?" kartik kissed her.

"im better than yesterday." she smiled.

surekha also arrived by that time. kartik went to change his clothes while surekha helped naira. "all set to go?" kartik asked as the doctor signed the papers.

both women nodded. surekha sat in the back seat while kartik helped naira sit carefully beside him on the passenger seat.

a fifteen minute drive and they reached home. there suhasini and swarna were ready with the aarti ki thaal in their hands.

"thu thu thu , protect my children from all evil eyes God." suhasini cried.

"dadi , please don't cry. see im all fine , right?" naira said and hugged her. they entered the home and greeted everyone.

manish came and hugged naira. "thank god , you're alright baccha." he kissed her temple.

she smiled. "naira , you sit here. i need to change your dressing." he made her sit on the sofa and the family members surrounded her.

kartik came back with the bandage and changed the dressings as it had to be changed only for her arm and head.

"maa , i'm tired. i'll go to our room." kartik helped her get up and walked her to the room.

as soon as naira hit the bed she was out like a light. kartik too laid beside her and was fast asleep. 4-5 hours later , swarna came in to wake them both.

she cooed at the sight of them. naira was snuggled in kartik's side and kartik had a protective arm around her.

she let them sleep some more and went downstairs. "maa ji , they are asleep. i don't want them to disturb." swarna said.

"it's okay. let them be. we'll prepare for the teej. gayu , you sit on the sofa. i don't want you to exert yourself." suhasini said as surekha helped her to sit on the sofa.

"naira wants to keep the fast but kartik wouldn't let her." surekha giggled as they separated the jewellery and the lehngas.

"so true. but naira is stubborn too and so is kartik. dono barabar ki takkar denge ek dusre ko." swarna said and everyone laughed.

"you said the truth didi." surekha said making everyone chuckle.

"okay enough chitchat. we have to make arrangements by night." suhasini said and all nodded.

"not you gayu. you rest properly. you can go to your room and rest there." gayu smiled and stood up and went to her room.

rest of the ladies prepared for the festival next day. it was night time. kartik and naira had just woken up by that time.

they came downstairs and saw all the food prepared for the dinner. kartik went towards manish and samarth. naira went to swarna and dadi.

"maa , dadi , i'm really sorry. i overslept and you had to be troubled and prepare the dinner."

"naira , don't. you were not well and what has happened if me and swarna had to make food for one day? its okay." dadi said making her smile.

swarna called everyone on the dining table and they had their food. "gayu , please don't fast tomorrow. you and your baby needs the nutrients. it would be nice if you don't. you can still do the aarti. alright?"

dadi said and both samarth and gayu nodded. naira had something going on her mind and kartik seemed to notice it.

"what going on in that beautiful head of yours?" kartik whispered in her ear making her startled.

"oh , i was just thinking about how can i escape from you so that you won't make me have those bitter medicines." naira taunted him jokingly.

kartik huffed and all enjoyed the time they spent.

one hour later after having dinner , kartik came with two packets in his hands. naira was standing next to manish and they guessed what was in the bag.

"he has bought medicines hasn't he?" manish mumbled.

"yes papa. we will have to bear his torture." naira made a face.

"papa , naira. sit and have your medicine." they both closed their eyes at this sentence.

"dusht." naira mumbled.

forcefully manish and naira had their medicines and other enjoyed their act.

it was eleven pm. everyone was preparing to go to sleep. naira had some sleeping salts in her medicines which made her sleepy.

"kartik , please arrange the bed. i'll come." naira said and went out. she went into swarna's and manish's room.

"maa , please prepare for me. you know him. he won't let me." naira pleaded.

"alright but please take care of yourself . okay?" swarms said and naira nodded.

"good night maa."

"good night beta."

****

wassup?
im back w shit.