#04

"naira!" shouted kartik.

he held her protectively in his arms and carried her to the hall.

he placed her on the sofa and called for his mother. "maa! please come here." he cried out.

swarna , along with the whole family rushed towards him after hearing his cries. "maa look , naira- she just fainted!"

"naira!" gayu gasped.

"chachu please take gayu to her room. stress isn't good for her." kartik pleaded.

"kartik , but naira-" samarth cut her off.

"gayu , naira will be fine. she is a fighter. she'll be okay." samarth gently placed his hand on her back and took her to their room.

"kartik tum gaadi nikalo. hum naira ko lekar aate hai." swarna said.

kartik came back into the house and picked up naira. "maa please come with me."

swarna nodded. he made naira lie in the backseat with swarna beside her , sitting. he started the car and drove them to the hospital.

twenty minutes later they reached. swarna rushed inside to call for the nurses and the doctors.

kartik carried naira inside. the nurses came with the stretcher as kartik made her lie on it.

"kartik , you go with them. i will fill all the formalities." swarna said and he rushed.

the nurses made him wait outside the room. he sat on the benches there. his knee kept bouncing as anxiety rushed through his veins.

ten minutes passed. the doctors were still checking her. although only ten minutes passed , still it felt like an eternity.

"she will be fine kartik. trust me." he turned and saw his mother standing there.

"i am scared maa. what if-" she cut him off.

"no! nothing will happen. she will be fine. she knows her mendak is with her." swarna cupped his face.

"maa.." he whispered and hugged her.

after waiting for almost half an hour , the doctors came out.

"sir , naira? h-how is she?" his voice trembled.

"we cannot say anything right now. we had sent her for a mri scan ," the doctor pulled out the mri test report.

".. you see this? naira's brain is swelled from here? did she had an accident before?" doctor highlighted the area.

"yes doctor. she met with an accident , but it wasn't serious." kartik said.

"for that time it wasn't serious. but now it is. we are scared that she might suffer from amnesia." the doctor said. 

"but doctor , how?" swarna asked.

"let's talk in my cabin." the doctor took them to his cabin. "please sit." he signed towards the chairs as he sat himself.

"look kartik , i will not give any false information. when the accident happened , naira's head might have been hit on a hard surface which effected her frontal lobe in the cerebrum. the swelling will gradually reduce but we cannot say about her memory." he finished.

"so what now doctor?" kartik gulped.

"we will have to wait for her to wake up." he said.

"when can i meet her?" kartik asked.

"i will let you know after the nurses give me the information." kartik stood up and shook hands with the doctor.

"thank you doctor."  he said.

doctor smiled and nodded at him before kartik and swarna went out of the cabin. he was controlling himself , trying not to cry.

"maa , she will be alright? haina ?" he asked with such innocence which broke swarna's heart.

"haan baccha. teri naira toh sherni hai. uska koi kuch nahi bigad sakta." swarna said and hugged him.

they both sat on the benches and waited for the nurses or the doctors to arrive. fifteen minutes later , a nurse came and told they can meet naira now.

"you can meet her. she will be up in a few hours." the nurse said and went.

they both entered the room and saw her attached to all these wire with shattered his heart.

he took baby steps towards her and sat on the chair beside the bed. swarna came and kissed her forehead before going out. kartik held her hand and kissed the back of it.

"naira baby. please wake up , you said you hate hospitals then why are you here? huh? please baccha , please wake up. just for this one time please listen to me. please baby wake up. i swear , we'll have anything you want. we'll go on a proper date. baby please wake up. just for once please listen to me."

kartik literally begged as tears were flowing out of his eyes freely. he didn't even wipe them off. he was crying and held her hand.

he sat there for a dew more minutes in a hope that she will get up. nurses came in and saw him sitting.

"sir , i need you to leave the room. the visiting hours are over. you may come tomorrow." she gave him a sympathetic smile.

kartik nodded and kissed naira's forehead. "bye love. i'll meet you tomorrow." he caressed her cheek and went out.

there he met swarna. "maa the visiting hours are over. i will be staying here. should i drop you off?" he asked.

"kartik , i am staying here. with you. i am not leaving you or naira." she said firmly.

kartik couldn't deny her as he knew he will need his mother's reassurances time to time.

"alright maa. let's head to the canteen." he said and they went downstairs.

they sat there and had some sandwiches. "did you inform about this at home?" asked kartik.

"i said they have to keep her under observation for a day. i couldn't tell them the actual thing." swarna said.

"thank you maa. i couldn't afford seeing them stressed about her. especially gayu." he muttered.

swarna held kartik's hand and squeezed it. "it is going to be fine kartik. trust me."

krishna ji , i have left everything on you. please take care of her. i can't lose her. please. i am trusting you.

he thought and some tears fell from his eyes. swarna saw this. she stood up and hugged him.

"it will be alright baccha. everything will be fine." she whispered in his ears as he cried more.

****
lol wassup!?
im back w shit

word count: 1011