Chapter 29. Day in the Mall

Start from the beginning

"I mean, he's getting better at least.." Izuku was cut off when James glared at him.

"Don't defend him."

"Right, sorry," he said looking away. Not really comfortable with the subject. "Anyway, what's the Web of Intrigue again?" he said changing the topic.

As soon as Izuku finished that question, a same holographic screen containing millions if not billions of interconnected viruses appeared in front of them. The amount was overwhelming, even for Alex.

"Ugh, I could never get used to seeing that many memory fragments in my mind." Alex moaned as he unconsciously rubbed the side of his head.

"For once, I agree with you." Heller wincingly said, also rubbing the side of his head.

"Anyway, this Izuku is the Web of Intrigue. A mental representation of the collection of all of the memory fragments of every person that you and I consumed." Alex said. "This allows us to look into the entire life-memories of a person in just 10 to 11 seconds, something that you unconsciously do without needing to check into it. However, yours is different."

"How so?" Izuku asked.

Alex smiled and looked back on the hologram. "James and mine only allows us to look into the person's memory. You on the other hand take it more into a whole new different level. Not only allowing you to look into another person's life, but also allowing you to permanently copy another person's quirk. Quite an interesting feat, if you ask me." he said, making Izuku nod.

"Additionally," Heller spoke up and touched the hologram. Pinching a random cell, he took it out of the hologram and tossed it towards a shocked Izuku, who clumsily caught it. "As you can see, yours can be taken from the web and be either inspected or be crushed if you want the memory to be erased from the face of the Earth, all the while keeping the person's quirk, if they ever have one. Just think about the specific memory or the person you consumed and visualize it being crushed and poof, it will be gone forever."

Izuku nodded dumbly at the former US Marine before looking down at the cell. He inspected the memory, and when he saw what the memory contained, he immediately crushed it. This action earned surprised and curious glances from the two adults.

"Was it that bad?" Alex asked.

"You have no idea." Izuku said in an annoyed tone, shaking his hand in a disgusted way. With that reaction, I think we all know what that memory contained.

Alex just gave James a look, the latter shrugging as he crossed his arms. "That sums all of it. Do you have any questions?" The Prototype asked Izuku, who looked back at the hologram as it slowly dissipated and back to the two.

"There's two actually." he said, earning a nod from the two. "Okay, first question..." he paused and pointed at James. "How are you here?"

Said man just blinked. "That's a good question." he said before thinking for a bit before looking back at the young hero. "I think it has something to do with the bastard beside me. Since I am pretty sure I didn't get reincarnated into you as well. Though, that could also be a possibility." he said pointing his finger towards Alex.

"Ah, yes. That's right. I believe that when our souls merged, a fragment of James' soul containing some of the abilities of the Blacklight virus, such as Tendrils, Pack Leader, and some other miscellaneous skills, had also been inserted within your soul." Alex said, and paused for a second before continuing. "There's also that time where I secretly consumed some of his blood to look into his memories. Maybe that was the reason."

This earned a reaction from Heller. "WHAT THE FUCK!? WHY THE FUCK WILL YOU LOOK INTO MY MEMORIES!?"

Alex merely shrugged. "I dunno. I was bored."