EPISODE 5 : NAVIGATING RELATIONSHIPS

"Taemoo my dear ," the chairman addressed his grandson who he was currently golfing with. "I've arranged another list of prospective people you can meet. If you don't like anyone, I've a back up list."

           Taemoo groaned his impatience showing on its face , "when you asked me to come golf with you. I thought  you wanted to just play the game." He made his shot with accurate precision the golfball going into the hole. Taemoo smiled seeing it sibk into the ground perfect as always.

     The chairman shook his head , "oh come on . I just wanted to tell you."

       "Grandfather ," Taemoo gave the old man a look , "it's a Sunday . Can we please not talk about work or blind dates."

        The chairman howeber was stubborn and very persistent , "why? Taemoo I'm not getting any younger, I want to be a great grandfather and i need to see you settled before i die." He said the last part dramatically.

   Taemoo was too accustomed to his grandfather's dramatic displays , "you're already a grandfather you've seen two generations , isn't that enough satisfaction you can get."

           "Hay!" His grandfather screamed but je didn't flinch at all ,"you little -."

        "Besides , if you want to be a great  grandfather I can hire a surrogate right now without marrying."

           "No. " His grandfather said insistently a bit stubbornly like a child . "Over my dead body!"

        Taemoo was confused , "You said you wouldn't mind if I hired one."

      "Yes if you had a male partner , a husband . Sure you can hire a surrogate  even if your spouse is woman , I  still wouldn't mind you hiring  a baby carrier."

       Taemoo made a face at that term ' baby carrier ' .  The chairman didn't seem to notice as he still went on complaining.

         "- but there is no way I'm going to let you bring a child into this world without a spouse. A child has to be born within the confines  of a marriage. So that's out of the question , unless you're hiring a surrogate because your wife can't conceive or your spouse is a husband dont you dare hire a baby carrier just to avoid marriage."

            Taemoo sighed even if his grandfather was open minded to some degree - he was still old fashioned .

          The CEO  got onto the golf cart with hjs grandfather  waving ay the other businessmen and women who were also enjoying their lesiure time. "Taesin is also your grandson , so do you  give him the same speech about producing an heir."

       He already had an idea of what the chairman wod say he wanted an heir directly from him and not Taesin because he was the older brother hence marital duties were expected to be fulfilled by him first.

          "That little red head punk has no interest in the business and besides he's still young amd had atleast been in relationships unlike you." The chairman shook his head looking at his  grandson as if he was hopeless, " Twenty seven and you don't have a girlfriend. Your father was already dating your mother by the age of nineteen heck ,  , I  was younger than both of you and yet still had a line of women rushing up to me before I met and courted  your grandmother and we decided to settle down "

     "I thought you said yours and grandma's marriage was set up by your families."

        "My point ," the chairman changed the subject , "is atleast your father and I , even Taesin has had a relationship. Something you've never bothered to engage in."