Part 3 - The white sparrow

I had not been on anything serious for a while ever since my mother died. I could never imagine myself doing something so insane it would make my legs shake, my tears come down, my body stops moving, and... my heartbeat come to life once again. But it wouldn't be like this anymore, I knew and wanted to improve. So as the blood spread across my feet and slowly sank up to my shoulders I wasn't scared.

The sticky red blood was all across the room from an unknown source as I walked in and took a look. But as I walked further in I felt the urge come back. the urge to just run away and scream in pain and fear as I walked across the almost suffocating and painfully much blood dripping from my every bone and skin still attached to me. I could smell the pure metal in it and feel my legs shaking under the red substance as I moved closer and closer to what it was flooding from.

I could hear screams and stabbing from almost every direction telling me not to go any further, yet I did and soon enough I got to a dark door opening leading into an almost completely black void of a room with the shadows almost grabbing onto me like growing veins. In the blink of an eye, I was lying on the floor with blood coming from every single inch of my body spreading around me and slowly drowning me as I lay there unable to move.

But the screams in my head weren't from me, no it was from someone, far far away. but the pain was there in me and it wouldn't go away. Eventually, I opened my eyes with a scream coming from me uncontrollably as I could see the blood now all gone and my body completely untouched.

I quickly got up and put the palm of my shaky hand upon the cold metal of a shady-looking pipe next to me. Still in the armory, nothing changed. the old unused weapons still in the corner, the shaking from the roof, the smell of smoke and gasoline. But what did I just see? Did I want to know? The screams had gotten out of my head but yet, I felt like a different person. I turned around but all that was there was a mirror standing gracefully in the corner of the room with a slight glimpse of light reflecting from it as I could see myself in it. Nothing changed?

I walked up to it with my legs almost tripping as I went to pick it up. a big sigh of relief came out of me as my long lips formed a slight smile on my skin as I lifted it and put it against a stone wall nearby.

But as I backed away and looked myself in the mirror it still didn't feel like me. It couldn't be me. The reflection of myself looked so real until the point it felt unreal again as my eyes were shaking as I took a look at my smile only growing larger and larger, Yet I wasn't smiling at all, and the smile of myself was so distracting that I hadn't realized until now, that I was holding a knife in my hand. and before I knew it, it came out of the mirror and pinched me against the glass.

a splashing swift sound could be heard as it injected the sharp knife into my stomach and blood slowly started dripping down from it as I leaned close to my ear and whispered with my teeth drooling "You did this to me". As I could feel the blood drip out of my body and my eyes started to get darker, I looked up at it and realized it wasn't my reflection stabbing me, it was my mother staring me in the eyes after 3 years of pain.

Hate me like Red Part 3.

I had just woken up from a nightmare like no other. My head shaking and I could barely see as I got up and looked down at my dark floor. A gasp came out of my mouth as I realized what had just happened, and I could barely breathe. Like a starving animal, I got dressed and rushed out of my apartment only to see Roy standing outside.

"You're ready," he said before grabbing my shoulder with his tight grip and leading me to the armory again. We swept across the neighborhood like shadows until we got into the elevator again. "Mr. Parkings, you have just gone through our hardest test, and you're ready to be one of us, " He said to me in that dark, serious voice as the elevator slowly went down. It made my whole body shiver down my skin as I could hear those words come out of his mouth. Was that all a test? How?

"How? How do you do all of this?" I asked him, but did I want to hear the answer?

"Some things you just don't wanna know Parkings" He replied as I could hear that ear-killing grizzling coming from the elevator as it slowly came down to the dark. The numbers slowly ticked down as I could feel my breath getting faster and faster and my heart feeling like it would pound out my shirt at any given second.
yet I still stood there all quiet like some kind of a brave warrior. Eventually, the doors of the elevator went upon like a blowing wind of some kind of hope and the first thing I saw was someone. With Roy walking out first and me following from behind, with the slight tilt of my head I could see her sitting down there by the boxes. Eliza Sato.

E L I Z A S A T O

"Mr parking let me introduce you to our specialty. The White Sparrow, Eliza Sato" He said to me in his determined voice while keeping a good grip on my shoulder. The boxes filled with dangerously looking grenades didn't make it any better as she got up and approached me slowly with her hair shining in the slightest light coming from above us.

Her appearance was, to say the least very unique with short, silver hair that had a longer left hair strand where it reached the bottom of her chin, Ruby red eyes piercing through me, a strangely placed beauty mark just under her right eye, and high cheekbones. But all she did was to stare at me up and down slowly with her hand under her chin like an investigator before slapping me in the face like a total jerk also leaving a mark on my cheek.

"Not my type" I could hear her say as I could feel myself falling to the dark stone floor. I mean, I couldn't deny the fact that she is kinda pretty but she also seems like a big asshole. Still, a smile on my innocent face could be seen as my body smashed into the hard floor making a slightly cracking sound. But still, I felt like a lucky kid on his birthday knowing that someone like her was on our team now. Roy like lighting in the eye helped me up like a supporting grandpa in seconds and as I was now standing face to face with her I couldn't help but wave and say "Hello Whitehead" without thinking.

She instantly punches me in the face again making me fall even harder on the stony floor again. Was she joking or did she hate me? Whatever it was my cheek was hurting badly.

"So this was her old boyfriend? Looks kinda fuck faced to me" She said to Roy as she lowered her fists again and sat down back on those old grenade boxes. Old boyfriend? I had no idea what she meant but I would soon find out

"It's Him. Jim Parkings Eli. You still remember him or something Eli?" He said back to her as he helped me up (Again). I could smell his old cigarette smell as he helped me up on my legs again, reminded me a bit of my father. I look up at her sitting on those old boxes like a mischievous cat that has just robbed someone. She was, special in a way.

Instead of just answering she just sat there looking at Roy dead in the eye as she was spinning a knife around her hand like a deadly ronin. Those glowing red eyes of hers made her more intimidating which even made Roy let out a slight shiver of fear. "Oh, I'm sorry then. Forgot about my sister or something? I bet she would like sitting on your corpse right now" She said with her raspy and shaky voice as she just got more and more nervous. Nail biting, hair itching, even the sight of a single pearl blue tear dripping down her cheek as she got up and let out a deep sniff before running away to what I can only assume is her private room in the armory.

I backed away a little until I eventually got myself into a corner with my look focused on the sight of that door she went through. "What was it with her?" I asked pointing at the now closed and probably locked door covered by the slight shadow of the not-so-bright armory. Roy let out a big sigh and took a cigarette out of his pocket before igniting it and breathing in. "Mr. Parkings I hate to tell you this so early but, She isn't just our best member here, but also your dead girlfriend's sister.

My mind was just completely frozen. I just had the thought of it as a theory but, she is my old girlfriend's sister. Those eyes and that face, I couldn't believe it. After 3 years, I finally got to see someone with those eyes again. Without noticing I had already gotten down on my knees and a couple of tears could be seen dripping down from me.

"I... I...I don't know what to say, Boss. I'm sorry for coming here. I'm so sorry" I said to him as I could feel the palm of his hand on my back, patting it gently like a comforting blanket over me. It felt ok to cry at that moment, even tho I didn't know why I did. And so that was the first time I ever saw her right in front of me.

"We all have our things to regret parkings, it's just about whether you will accept it or not," he said to me in an inspirational speech.