Secrets and Changes

The dinner unfolded with an uncomfortable silence lingering heavily in the air.
Each person busied themselves with their food, avoiding eye contacts.
Only the clatter of cutlery on plates and chewing food amplified the silence.

The tension was palpable, as if the room itself was holding its breath, waiting for someone to break the uncomfortable silence and the eldest among all decided to do it .

"Looks like the cat got all three of your tongues!" Jin jeered, mocking the silence of the trio sitting infront of him who looked like alive corpses .

"I'm done " Jungkook said sliding aside the plate in which he was eating , containing almost whole meal . Only three to four bites are deficit.

" Sit back down " Jin glared at younger , orbs changing their natural deep brown colour to cerulean colour .
Jungkook sharply inhaled , dumping his ego in trash can and sat back on seat pulling the plate which was slided away before .

Taehyung was chewing his food very silently , taking each bite with the utmost care like a feather to prevent any unwanted sound from him .

"Eat comfortably" Jin softly said putting some more food in taehyung's plate .
He nodded but yet he was continued to eat like that .
The elder sighed , no matter how much he says . Until and unless taehyung himself doesn't gets comfortable around them , he can't do anything else.

After finishing his food , taehyung looked upon Jin and gladly the elder understood and nodded indicating he can go now . 
Few minutes later Jimin also stood up after finishing his food and left .

Jin turned to the other  who was already looking so annoyed and just before he was about to get up , Seokjin stopped him saying he needs to talk .

" What is it hyung ? " Jungkook asks

" Why is he here ? "

"Like you don't know " jungkook scoffs

" I know that but I want you to leave him . " Jin says in his usual calm tone

" And why would i do that hyung ?

What's with you ? You never acted like this before but all if sudden you're getting so empathetic towards that boy . Why ? " Jungkook

" It's not like that . I'm not empathetic, I just pity him . He looks so innocent jungkook-ah . He- ..It isn't the right place for that boy " jin explains but somewhere he knows it's not the whole truth . He doesn't pity taehyung but genuinely feel bad . Taehyung really isn't made for this place where they are .

" Hyung , I'm not gonna send him back "

" Jungkook plea- " Jin inhales deeply . He knows what Jin is asking is really big and also against the maxims of their world.
He have to be rational and not let his sentiments put a barrier against his morals .

" Will you do me a favour jungkook-ah? "

" I'll even lay down my life for you hyung "

" Please don't hurt Taehyung , I know I'm asking a lot from you but please " Jin pleaded , eyes held concern and softness .

" Have I ever gone against you hyung ? "

"Never "

" Then I'll not do that even now too"
Jungkook sighed , he was so perplexed about the situation. What's wrong with everyone ? Why everyone is against him and on the side of Taehyung ? 
Hanging on the vines of questions , he too left from there .

________________

" Yes hobi , I have talked with him about Taehyung and he has assured that he won't hurt him . "

" I knew it ! If anyone can do it then it's only you Jin hyung !" Hobi squealed showing his pretty smile .

" And what about her ? When are we gonna tell her about him ? " Jin turned serious and same with hobi.

" We'll tell her but I don't think this is the right time " hobi answered, jin nodded understanding it's not right time for the truth .

Just when two were busy with their conversation , a tap on hobi's shoulder made him jump and raise his hand protectively against him for upcoming threat .
"STAY AWAY HOE ! YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM  !!" He screamed

" Hyung what ? "

" Uh..o-oh Jungkookie , You !? " Hobi retreated himself back , putting his hand on his chest to calm his thumping heart which was like it could come out of the cage at any moment . He laughed awkwardly .
Jin holded his laugh back .

"I'm sorry hyung , I didn't meant to scare you " jungkook said while scratching his nape .

"It's okay Jungkookie , My bad I didn't noticed "

" By the way when did you came ? I mean i didn't knew you were coming today " Jungkook asked

" Just few couple of minutes before "

"Oh okay"

_________

Taehyung was sitting on the bed , lost in his thoughts again as he have nothing to kill his time here . Although he's thankful that Jungkook haven't spoken to him or even came yet he's bored .
He can't escape , he can't go out , he can't have anything with him ! Not fair .

A knock on the door snapped him out of his zone. He wondered who it must be . Well Jin either calls his nickname or just peeks inside but never knocks .  Other than him no one comes .

"W-who " He answered not sure about the person on that side of frame .

" Hey it's me , Hobi hyung from letter remember? " Hobi said peeking in the room .

Taehyung nodded , making an 'o' face . He very well remembers that letter .
Hobi asked that can he come inside and taehyung nodded .

___________

Jungkook was on his way down in hallway heading somewhere when some sounds of laughter tickled on his ears . His steps got flattered and curiosity got better of him .
Following the sound he found himself standing infront of  door ajar .

"It's his room"

It was Taehyung's room . Jungkook hesitated for some moment before gently pushing the frame making sure he's presence is not visible .
Peeli through in He saw Taehyung sitting on bed , his laughter filling the air .
Jungkook was caught off guard , he was found captivated by the mesmerizing smile of blonde .
A strange yet familiar feeling knocked in him . His surrounding felt like there was only Taehyung and his laughter present around him .

Taehyung's eyes sparkled with joy, and a genuine smile graced his face, casting a spell that Jungkook couldn't resist. For a moment, Jungkook simply watched, appreciating the beauty of the boy . 

"And then Jin hyung literally pulled off his one shoe and threw at him and oh my-- the..the reaction--" jhope fell down from bed telling the incident . He clutched his stomach , tears brimming through corners of his eyes from over laughing .

"Are you okay hyung ??" taehyung gasped , stifling from his position to help hobi get up .

" Yeah... yeah I'm fine " hobi replied a tint of laughter still reflecting on his face .

"So what ? He deserved that shoe on his face . Even both ! " Jin scoffed dramatically .

The trio continued their bunter completely unaware of someone watching them from the corner . A small unknown curve stretched across his face .

_________________

Oi oi oiii , thank you for reading 💜 🦋