Part 28

Over Two hundred years later

Selena POV

I was sitting on the beach under an umbrella watching Dominic play with our 5 year old son in the water. It's been over two hundred years since we met and married but every day Dominic makes me know how much I love me. We spent the first two hundred years focused only on each other when I decided to bring up the subject of children. 

Dominic didn't mind having children with me but he didn't quite see how he could because he is a vampire. I told him that with me he could have children without a problem just like any other male vampire. If a female vampire wanted to have children she would have to ask a witch or wizard for help. I told him it was safe for me to have his children and we had three options of what our children could be. 

Our children could be a hybrid between a witch/sorcerer and a vampire, a witch/sorcerer or first a hybrid of human and human and then all vampire. I would make for them the same branzolete as Dom has but with small changes while he grows up. I would add for them to grow up like normal children and not feel the desire for blood and lots of protective spells. 

I said that if I had a desire for blood it meant that our child would be half vampire and I would think to drink blood so he wouldn't drain me of all the blood. With the spells I would have a normal, safe 9 month pregnancy. 

For a long while Dominic was quiet and I thought he would object to having children before kissing me hard. He said that if the pregnancy was not unsafe for me and he would not lose me to our child he would be happy to have little me. He said he couldn't see his life without me and wouldn't be able to handle our treasure alone. 

More than five years later we welcomed little Damian into the world. He quickly became the apple of our eye and is an exceptionally calm and quiet child. When he was a baby he slept most nights and only cried when he was hungry, needed his diaper changed or just wanted to be held. 

While he was growing up I quickly discovered that Damian is a hybrid between a wizard and a vampire . When he was more than two years old he made the cookie jar levitate to him and at first we thought he had only one gift and would be a vampire before I noticed changes in him. After I then asked Old Man Eros to check what Damian was and through a quick spell we discovered that Damian is a hybrid. 

'' Is everything okay Darling? '' asked Dominic. I was so thoughtful that I didn't notice that they were gathering around me. I could see that Damian was tired and I knew it was time to go home soon

'' We don't have to go home yet, Damian wanted to eat something and rest for a while,'' Dom said as if reading my mind 

'' Everything's fine at home, don't worry,'' I said  taking out sandwiches and drinks from the basket next to me 

'' I was just thinking about what happened last years,'' I said, giving Damian a sandwich.

'' And how is my little princess? '' he asked, placing his hand on my barely visible pregnancy belly