Part 1

Selena POV

I was sitting on the patio of my home in Seattle writing an article about my recent trip. I am a journalist and also a blogger. 

I run a blog about travel, what places to see, what you will need and so on. I also touch on other topics on my blog for example, reviews of movies, new songs and other interesting facts but I focus more on travel. 

My journalistic work is also related to travel, for example, the description of a new hotel and the attractions associated with it. I am more good at what I do so I often get such assignments. 

I owe it all to my grandparents they are the ones who got me into it. They were Charlie's parents and I couldn't have asked for better guardians. 

I was raised by them for over 15 years because Charlie and Renne were too busy with Isabella. I lost them unfortunately not long after my 18th birthday they died in their sleep. They left me all their possessions because I was the only one taking care of them until their death. 

Charlie, Renee and Isabella only called when they wanted money but never to ask how we were doing. When they found out that I had inherited everything they wanted to Court to fight me and get something if not everything my grandparents left for me, but Grandpa had written the Will in such a way that they could not challenge it. 

Their will included all of their assets - money, business, house and their life insurance policy. The entire amount of property could be counted on about $10,000,000 and when they found out about it they don't give me a break. 

After a very successful sale of the business, the fortune climbed to $11,500,000. I decided to invest a few percent in a few businesses and over the two years I made about $3,000,000 from the investment alone. 

Renee wanted to take advantage of my lack of education to take temporary control of the estate, but got quite a surprise when she found out that I had a high education. 

I finished school 3 years ahead of my peers and finished my degree not long after I turned 18. 

I was just starting my business and decided to work under a alias so they wouldn't ruin it for me. I knew that Isabella would do it out of jealousy and to show that she was better. 

I still work under a pseudonym and have a spell every time I meet my clients. 

That's how the spell turned out Charlie came from a family of immortal witches and wizards. Not sure why this gene skipped him and Isabell but not me. 

We weren't sure if I was a full witch or a hybrid. At mine and other surprises, it turned out that Renee's family came from a family of wizards but not as strong as Charlie's parents. She was given up for adoption when she failed to show magic. I wanted to find them but it turned out that they got into a fight with stronger people and that led to their death. So I am a full witch and I am happy with that

Grandma and Grandpa were already 3,500 years old when they determined to start aging again and have a child who was Charlie. 

I entered my magic when I was 5 years old and since then they trained me as best they could. We quickly discovered that I was much stronger than normal witches even those immortal.

I don't need to pronounce spells out loud or incantation to make me do what I want with magic. I just need to focus on what I need and my magic does the rest. 

My grandmother told me that such powerful witches come along once every 500 years and we are the elite among other witches and wizards. I met the elders when I was 15 years old and they told me that I can do what I want with my life but I can't tell people who I am. 

They said they would monitor my development in magic. When I turned 18 I took the test like the others and passed it with ease and one of the few highest scores in all of history.

I also can't show what I am to other supernatural beings bsz good reason. My smell smells like a normal human to other species so I don't have to worry about that. 

I have had several close encounters with vampires and shifters but I have altered their memory so they think I am a normal human. 

I notified the council about them right away so I wouldn't have problems later about it. It is better for them to find out about such situations from me than from another person who can twist things and get me into trouble. 

It happened once, and if I hadn't sworn off my magic and shown them the memory I would have been severely punished. 

My life was really peaceful and I wouldn't change it for anything. Not counting the inbred Cullens who haven't given me a break since they moved into the Forks. The most unbearable is Alice with her feigned joy and Edward who must know everything. 

I quickly discovered that Alice is clairvoyant and Edward is a telepath. Fortunately, I'm a born shield and if I wasn't I have several spells to protect me from their powers. 

Edward was angry that he can't read my thoughts and Alice can barely see me in her visions and it annoys her. 

If only I had known that my sister, spoiled to the marrow, would have changed that in any case. I would have been more prepared for the trouble she might bring with her. I know that if the Cullens catch her attention she will do everything to discover their secret. That would bring trouble not only for them but for all of us. Isaeblla will do anything to achieve her goal and she doesn't care who suffers because of her actions.