"No thanks," Percy shook his head and Alora fine looked him in the eye. She could feel herself drowning.

"Wouldn't hurt to try, right?" She said softly.

"My father..." He trailed off, holding eye contact with her. "I don't want anything from him. He's had his chances. And I know you get it, since you and your dad are kind of the same. Honestly you've done more for me since Saturday than my father has done in my entire life. If i have to stick with someone, I..."

He took a deep breath before finishing.

"I'm going to choose you Ally."

Alora felt her heart beating at a million miles per second. At that moment she knew she would rather be friends with him, no matter how much it hurt her, than live a life without him. He was worth it.

"Careful. You sound like you like me a little too much there Perce." She smirked at the boy.

"What if i do?" Her stomach felt like it was twisting, in a good way. Percy sighed. "Are we okay? Because recently we haven't really spoke and I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable or anything.."

"Percy, Im sorry- Percy!" She didn't get to apologise as Percy collapsed. She caught him quickly before he fell to the ground completely. His face went a sickly pale and he looked very ill. Alora looked around for Annabeth or Grover. "Annie! Grover!"

"What happened?" Grover asked as they ran over.

"I- I think the stingers were poisonous." Percy stuttered weakly.

"I have an idea." Annabeth said. "Come on."

Alora and Grover both helped Percy walk to the fountain outside and sat him in it. Together the three of them started splashing Percy with the water, since it healed him back at camp.

"Annabeth why isn't it working?" Alora panicked as she splashed more water on him. "It worked at camp, why isn't it working?"

"You know, i think it's-" Percy said in attempt to get them to stop splashing him. "I think it's working. This was a great call."

He tried to stand up but failed and fell back down into the water. "Or not."

"Maybe it needs to be naturally running water for Poseidon to heal him." Annabeth suggested as cars started to crash. Echidna was here. "Okay, we need to get back inside."

"No, we need to keep trying." Grover insisted.

"This isn't working." Annabeth pointed out. "And she's coming."

"We need to go to the lake." Alora demanded. "It's fresh water so Poseidon can heal him."

"Lora we won't make it." Annabeth said, making Alora clench her jaw.

"Well we need to try something!" She shouted, before pointing at Percy. "He's dying and I'm not letting that happen Annabeth."

More cars honked and they could see Echidna in the distance. She was coming and her monster wouldn't be too far behind.

"Okay, look, we'll take Percy inside and we'll go to the temples altar." Annabeth said as they stood up.

"Altar?" Grover asked. "Where is there an altar?"

"The highest point, the best view."

"The peak of the arch." Alora said in realisation.

"We're gonna get to the altar and we're going to ask my mom for help." Annabeth told them.

"I thought we don't ask for help?" Percy asked from the ground weakly and Echidna was coming closer.

Alora didn't feel good about this but it was their only hope.