Chapter 6

~Kie's pov~

With everything that happened I completely forgot about Rafe. He still didn't know his dad died so he was going to look for us soner or later.

He also promised me that he'd see me again and that I'd be sorry for taking his boat. I didn't even tell anyone about my meeting with Rafe and that the boat I came with was his. I didn't want to worry them and in that moment this wasn't my first priority. We had other things to worry about.

We got to the ferry pretty quickly, hiding inside some containers on the boat, Sarah's idea, and sat on some boxes. On the way to Charleston my mind started drifting off again but this time I managed to focus on some parts of the conversation as well.

"Would you rather have teeth instead of nails or nails instead of teeth?" asked Sarah suddenly.

"How the hell did you come up with this question" asked Cleo.

Sarah just shrugged. "So? What would you pick"

"Teeth instead of nails" said John B, making a disgusted face at the question.

"Me too, I can hide it with some cool rich people gloves" said JJ.

"I'll take the gloves over having to have nails instead of teeth" added Pope.

"Cleo?" asked Sarah again.

"Neither" she simply said.

"You have to pick that's how the game works"

"I'm not picking either of these"

"Just pick one of the two things"

"Alright fine, I'll take the teeth instead of nails"

The conversation kept going even if my attention flew away until I felt a tap on my leg, snapping me out of it.

"What will you pick?" Sarah asked when I finally turned my head towards her.

"Between what?" I asked.

"Teeth instead of nails or nails instead of teeth" Cleo said.

"Teeth instead of nails probably" I answered still not focusing on the game.

"Good choice" nodded Sarah. "Next question"

"No, enough of this game, we've been playing for thirty minutes" Pope said.

"Maybe we can play an actual game when we get back" said Cleo. "Like monopoly or something"

"We do not play Monopoly" said JJ, in a serious voice.

"Never" John B added in a serious voice as well.

"Why not?" asked Cleo.

"Pope and Kie are sore losers" said Sarah, pointing with her head towards us.

"That's not true Kie is the sore loser" Pope said.

"He's the one that can't lose, not me" I said at the same time with Pope.