Chapter 1

~Kie's pov~

I don't get how life works

Why do good people have to pay for the bad people's mistakes? Or maybe the good people aren't as good as we thought

And maybe the bad people aren't as bad as we thought.

Not even a day ago we buried John B's and Sarah's dads. We borrowed them not even a month after Big John just came back and finally reunited with John B.

Sarah's dad also just came back, messing everything up again and then he died too for Sarah, saving her.

If someone would have told me that in only two days I was sent to a wilderness therapy camp, found a whole lost city, burried my friends parents and kissed my best friend I'd have thought that it's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

But it happend.

My parents sent me away only two days ago. They didn't even warn me, just two people dressed in polos suddenly appeared and dragged me away while my parents were watching me begging the people to stop.

The whole way I couldn't even process what happened, I kicked, yelled, cried and begged them to stop and let me go but they didn't even seem to hear me.

After my failed attempt to escape I spent a whole day by myself in a small cabin.

I thought I was going insane.

Luckily I didn't spent much time there cause JJ came with some stupid idea that actually worked and took me out of there. I still can't believe that worked.

I waited almost the whole night hoping that JJ would come and get me out at any point.

And he did.

He brust into the room looking for me and when he finally spotted me, I run right into his open arms that were waiting for me.

As soon as we broke the hug he apologised for the moneys he stole from my dad, for the fights, for everything.

I didn't even care about this all.

He was there.

I love you.

That was all I could say.

That was all that mattered.

It didn't even matter if he was gonna say it back or not. I needed him to know.

I love you too

He did say it back.

Then we finally kissed. It was slow and peaceful like we had all the time in the world. Like nothing else mattered. We were finally togheter and that was all that mattered.

He took my hand in his and run with me out of that stupid camp.

On the plane he told me about everything that happend. He told me about the barracuda Mike incident and that our friends are already on the way to South America.

Then we talked some more. We talked about us, we talked about our friends and made a quick plan of finding them. I also managed to get some sleep while he stayed there playing with my hair until I fell asleep.

As soon as we got off the plane, we took some small bus that was going away too slowly for our liking.

On the way with the bus we heard some stories about El Dorado and made a few ideas about this place even if, if I wouldn't know everything John B and his dad been through this days I'd have thought that this people were being delusional.

Then we finally found Pope and Cleo, and heard what happend with Ward and we started looking for John B and Sarah.

When we finally found them too, they were surrounded by people with guns including Ward. Maybe what we did wasn't the smartest move but it was the only thing we could've done and think about in that moment.