Chapter 4

~Kie's pov~

As soon as we knocked on the door, we heard Sarah's voice telling us to wait a second then quickly opening the door.

She was wearing new clothes and looked cleaner than yesterday and away more rested.

Behind her, into a big, bright, living room with open windows, were John B and Cleo putting a few bags on a small coffee table in front of a grey couch. Both of them were wearing clothes that seemed to be new and looked away more clean than JJ and me did.

As soon as we walked inside we saw Pope placing a few boxes of pizza on a dining table.

The view and the smell made my stomach twitch.

The last time I ate something was when my dad made some pancakes, the morning before I got sent to Kitty Hawk.

"Here are some clothes to change into and you can do a shower or bath after eating" said Cleo handing me a pair of shorts and a green top then quickly giving me a hug.

"How are Sarah and John B?" I asked.

"Still grieving but I think they're better" she said. "Neither of them talk a lot about what happend so it's hard to tell"

I nodded, letting her go of the hug.

I wanted to help them. I wanted to find a way of helping them but I didn't know how.

Before I could say anything else, Cleo turned around taking out another pair of shorts and a blue t-shirt and handed them to me. "This is for JJ," I said.

"Thanks," I said before turning to look around the room that was full of bags and boxes. "What's with all this stuff?"

"Me and Pope brought some food from Heyward, some clothes and some stuff like soap, toothbrushes, paper, shampoo, plates, forks, knives and spoons," she said, putting the last bag that was full of clothes away.

"How did they reacted when you and Pope came back?" I asked.

"They were glad we were safe but they're worried for you guys, they said they'll try and come by tomorrow with more food" she said. "They think it's better if you don't leave the house yet, your parents are looking for you"

So they do care enough to alarm the whole island and convince them to look for me but they don't care enough to actually keep me around once they find me.

As soon as they'll see me, they'll send me back to Kitty Hawk. I couldn't go back in there, not again. I didn't want to.

"Let's go eat before they'll finish all the boxes with pizza" she said, pointing towards the table where Sarah, John B, Pope and JJ were already sitting.

She moved an arm around my shoulders and dragged me after her. "Don't worry, they won't be able to find you here" she reassured me.

We got into the kitchen side of the living room where there was the dining table and sat down next to the others. Cleo went to seat between Sarah and Pope while I went to seat next to JJ.

When I looked at the plate in front of me I saw a few pieces of my favourite pizza, that wasn't in any other box, waiting for me and a glass of water. I looked at JJ and he just winked towards me, giving me a small smile.

"Thank you" I whispered, returning his smile.

We didn't talk much while eating, all of us were more focused on the food.

I took time to analyse everyone.

Pope and Cleo seemed mostly fine but still really tired, they were the only ones who would occasionally try and make small talk to lighten up the mood.