Chapter 2

~JJ's pov~

I had no clue when we finally arrived to outer banks. I just remember Sarah shaking my shoulder and saying that we have to go before anyone else sees us.

At furst I didn't even relaise that there was someone else asleep on me. I looked down at the curly haired girl between my arms. She looked so peaceful.

Her lips were parted and she'd ocasionally let out snoring sounds, something I might bring up at some point or another when we won't have so many problems.

I didn't have the heart to wake her up especially not after I was sure she didn't get a good sleep in days.

But I had to otherwise someone would defenitly see her and eventually tell her parents, that probably know already, that she's not at the camp anymore.

It took me a few minutes to manage to wake her up without alarming her but it eventually worked.

"Hey" I said, when she moved her head to look at me.

"Hey" she said, smiling a little even if it didn't really feel like she mant it.

"We gotta go before anyone else sees us" I said, helping her to get up.

She just nodded, picking up a backpack from the boat's floor and handing me the other one.

We followed the others off the boat and walked for a while till we John B suddenly stopped and turned towards us.

"We really have nowhere to go" he said moving a hand through his hair.

"I'm sure that I can try convince my parents to let you come with me" said Pope trying to make the situation better.

"They barely let Cleo so I doubt they'll let four more people in" said Sarah even if she didn't seem to focus too much on the conversation.

She moved further from us, sitting down on the dock while her legs were almost touching the water.

"We should really go but call as soon as you get a phone and if any of you don't find a place then come to my place and I'm gonna figure something out" said Pope while Cleo kneeled down next to Sarah.

"Maybe you could go to Ward's place" she said waiting for an response or reaction from Sarah but she kept looking at the water in front of her.

Cleo got up giving us a comforting smile and turned around to leave with Pope. At least they had a place, in the worst case scenario they could sleep in Heyward's shop or something.

The silence took over us again and neither of us talked for a while.

I kept trying to steal a few glances at Kie without really caring if anyone else would figure something.

She was playing with a stick in the sand, making random shapes and letters. She didn't seem too focused on the conversation either.

"Maybe we could use Ward's apartment" Sarah suddenly said breaking the silence.

"No way I'm gonna live in there" I said but as soon as I saw her look I relaise that I said it little harsher than I intended, especially after everything that happened in the last few days.

"Then where are you gonna go JJ?" Sarah asked, moving a little to look at me but still letting her legs fall over the dock, almost touching the water.

I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Well that's where me and John B are going, if you change your mind you're free to come too" Sarah said before throwing her legs back on the dock and getting up.