File#10: Prelude To The Storm

Drifter twirled his spear as he sized up the figure before taking a stance. To his surprise, the figure did the same and took the same stance as him.

Drifter charged at full speed and thrust his spear as hard as he could. Once again, the figure did the same, striking at the tip of his spear with deadly precision, destroying his spear in the process. He took a step back and immediately summoned another spear. He charged once again and began slashing at her. His strikes grew desperate as the figure not only accurately imitated his moves, but delivered them back twofold.

With each exchange, his spear broke. With each exchange, he created another spear. With each exchange, his ring started to heat up.

Out of desperation, he went for a kick in between his strikes and the figure did the same, pushing them away from each other as the soles of their boots connected.

Drifter immediately bounced back and kicked his spear at the figure. Again, she did the same, kicking her spear with so much force it immediately shattered Drifter's upon impact. The spear itself barely grazed him but Drifter knew he wouldn't be able to dodge it if the figure actually aimed for him.

The spear itself crashed through the wall behind him, leaving a sizeable hole as cracks started snaking around the walls.

Drifter stared at her for a moment, taking his time to catch his breath, ignoring the pain from his ring searing, burning through his flesh.

The girl in the plague mask stared back at him, casually waiting patiently for his next move.

"Who are you?"

"Plague." The girl answered.

"What do you want with me?"

The figure named Plague gestured aggressively for her spear and it crashed through the wall, causing more cracks to form, and back to her hands.

"That'll be for you to find out, Signore. "

Drifter snapped his finger again and summoned a spear before charging once again.

He swung his spear with his left hand and as soon as it connected to the figure's spear, snapped his finger again and summoned the giant hammer, using his momentum to swing it at the figure.

Plague jumped back to avoid the strike and Drifter let go of the hammer mid-swing, essentially throwing it towards her. He summoned the hammer again and continued his offense. Every time he swung the hammer at Plague, she was forced to dodge the attack, giving him some openings. However, even with his perceived advantage, he was still unable to land a good hit.

He goes for another swing, this time aiming for her hand, and manages to knock her spear off. He goes in for the decisive blow when something catches her spear from behind.

A-a tail!? He struggles to keep his guard up as she spins in a flurry of kicks and slashes from the spear being wielded by her tail

He threw the hammer high up in the air and summoned another one only to throw it as well. Drifter immediately summoned the umbrella as soon as Plague attacked. Using the umbrella to block, he was able to hold his ground.

However, it didn't take long for the umbrella to break from the flurry of attacks.

One thing he realized during the exchange, the spear was filled with quantum energy. Maybe it was because it was similar to his own, but he could feel a tinge of that energy from her as well.

Plague went for a downward slash and Drifter caught it, leaving them in a standstill. A quick glance above, he saw both hammers still high up in the air.