From The Beginning

"You are destined for great things."

"Otherwise, the world wouldn't have given you this second chance."

A voice echoed through his mind, unrecognizable but not unfamiliar to.

He was pulled by something into a soft embrace, filling him with warmth as he drifted through the eternal darkness.

"You're meant for more than just that,"

The voice echoed again.

"You...you're the key to end it all."

The voice grew more distantly as it continued to speak.

"With you, we can end all these sufferings."

"So live... our savior."

The voice turned freezing cold as he drifted further away.

The embrace free tighter, suffocating him, dragging him down to the depths.

"Live!" The voice screamed again and again.

He tried to fight back but could not do so.

He tried to scream but water filled his lungs.

His eyelids grew heavier and heavier until he eventually lost consciousness.

"You'll live, goddamnit!" When he came to, he found himself being carried by some unfamiliar to him. Although the moon clearly lit the sky, all he could see was a whiff of red hair and a faint smell of alcohol. "So just hang in there!"

The person picked up the pace and ran, carrying his fragile body, drenched in the rain, closer.

Yet he did not mind. The only thought in his mind at that moment was...

...It's warm.