File#4: Infiltration

Aiden slowly made his way to the door, trying hard to avoid all the broken glass. A large humanoid shadow casts over him as the lights flicker.

He hasn't been able to contact Himeko since he got to level 0 and now he was stuck in a predicament he didn't know how to deal with.

He was nearing the door when the window above him shattered as a figure was thrown to the wall.

When the body slumped to the floor, his eyes widened. It was the person he spent the better part of this mission trying to get close to, eyes now lifeless as her whole body was covered in scratches and pieces of glass, her neck completely broken.

Aiden snapped back to reality when he heard something step foot close by.

He quickly slipped by the half open door and watched from the cracks as something humanoid approached the dead body.

No, the person was clearly human. Yet it had wolf's ears protruding from the top of its head as well as a tail.

The person grabbed the body by the neck and it was then that Aiden noticed the person's arm. There were dark crystals sticking out of the man's arm all the way to its shoulder.

Aiden couldn't help but let out a wince as he saw the person squeeze the woman's neck. Perhaps he realized his mistake too late as he was shocked when the person met his eyes.

He immediately pushed himself off the ground and made a break for it, not rushing for the elevator but to the same place he hid earlier.

Through the small crack in the locker, he saw the person pass him.

Fortunately, the elevator was close by. He just needed to wait until the coast was clear to make his escape.

Unfortunately for him, he realized too late what the possibility of the person escaping could mean.

Shit!

He busted out of his hiding spot and made his way to the elevator. He caught a glimpse of the person in tattered clothes, mostly covered in blood, as the elevator door closed.

He was too late. He could only hope the laboratory had already been evacuated as he waited for the elevator.

"Come on, come on..." he muttered as he tried to contact Himeko. The elevator ride back to the ground floor seemed to take forever and Aiden was already losing his patience.

When the elevator doors opened, his concerns were confirmed.

The alarms were already sounded yet just from the entrance alone, there were already piles of corpses littered around, both from scientists and security.

"Aiden, do you copy? What is happening there!?" Himeko's voice rang through the comms.

Never thought I'd be this glad to hear your voice.

"Yeah, I copy. We have a huge problem." He told her what he saw in level 0.

"I see," Himeko sounded calm and it somehow put him off. Compared to him, who's hands wouldn't stop shaking from what he witnessed, Himeko didn't seem fazed at all. "I'll be at the site as soon as I can. Do not engage the enemy-"

Just like earlier, he witnessed another body getting thrown off to a wall, this time it was the senior he worked under. Aiden just stood still and watched as the person responsible for all of these killings appeared.

"I-I'm afraid that'd be impossible." He snapped his finger and a shield and spear immediately appeared.

"Aiden!"