020 | we can't be friends, but i'd like to just pretend. ( wait for your love )

"Today's the big day

"Today's the big day." Harin's voice rang loud and clear in the early afternoon day.

It'd hit 12 in the afternoon, with Lily busy with her family, and Summer gone with her, it was just Harin, her sister Clara, and Stormie.

Of course, don't forget Petal and Clio.

Today was indeed the big day, and Stormie was feeling nervous.

Last time they'd talked, she wasn't sure what their hangout sesh would be like, since it'd been long since she'd seen him, almost a year.

Naturally, it was bound to go fine, they were friends after all, catching up shouldn't be hard, but when your friend was your longtime crush since Highschool, then that...

That was a different case.

Things were different, they weren't exactly in highschool anymore, and she was finally confronting her own feelings, just about to let it fade.

But now, now he was back.

Shit was hard for real.

She knew how she felt about, probably for the longest time she'd liked someone this long. They'd been friends since middle school, talking was easy with him, he made her feel different from when it was just her and the girls.

Ballet life was hard as it is. Behind the instagram posts, and the aesthetic of it all, was bandaged feet, mental breakdowns.

Stormie knew well, she'd remember the long practice hours, perfecting every move until it was right.

Tired? It didn't matter.
Felt like you were going to die? That's okay just keep going.

Struggles, Stormie always knew how to tackle things at hand.

But her feelings now? It was like being trapped in an open arena, she'd have to face the storm.

And soon.