My Priority & True Feelings

Start from the beginning

I shake my head. "We don't know for sure but let me speak with Irene again and I'll talk to you again."

She nods and doesn't get up.

I frown. "What?"

She closes her eyes for a few moments and opens them but doesn't look at me. "I've been in love with Irene for as long as I can remember. If someone had hurt her...." She clenches her fist tightly.

I smile and place my hand on her fist and open it. "I understand how you feel. I feel the same way about my wife. But they don't need you to fight for them. They need you to support them and comfort them. Right now, I'm sure, Irene needs that."

Seulgi nods and bows before leaving.

Irene comes in next and I to try not to be too critical but curious.

She hands me a file that shows her nowhere at the restaurant from 8 to 9pm.

I nod and pull out Seulgi's proof in, which makes her sit down.

I take a deep breath. "Why did you lie to me Irene?"

She shakes her head. "It was nothing personal. I just remembered it wrong. Yes, I went at 6 and then went home. End of story."

I nod. "But I don't think it is."

Irene's face goes hard. "Then put me down as a suspect. I don't care."

"Irene," I say gently. "This is a serious matter and I'm not going to put you as a suspect. If you have a problem, you can tell me. I'll be there for you."

⚠️ (Trigger Warning) ⚠️

Finally I see something break in her facade. "I was at the restaurant at 6:30pm on Friday."

I nod encouragingly.

She clasps her hands together and puts them in her lap. "I went home to my dog and I was about to invite Seul to hang out when my finacé appeared." She swallows.

"Should I call Seulgi in for some support?" I ask quietly.

She shakes her head. "She'll just go and kill him," she says with a laugh and I see a tear fall down her cheek.

She swallows again and wipes it away quickly. "He wanted to sleep with me. I told him no like I always did. I was only supposed to marry him because he wanted that from me. He pushed me into the wall by my throat and choked me. I....I thought I was going to die. He ripped open my clothes and....and...." She shakes her head. "He touched me. All over my chest and body. He left after he got his fill, realizing that I wasn't worth it. I finally broke my engagement with him the next day."

⚠️ End of Trigger ⚠️

I tighten my jaw and ask softly, "Were you...."

She shakes her head and sniffles. "He didn't go that far."

I nod and start pulling out paperwork. "Has he done this before?"

"What are you doing?" She asks worriedly.

"I'm filing a case on him," I say simply.

"N-No!" She shouts. "You can't!"

I look at her with a frown. "Why?"

She swallows. "He's the General's son."

As in my boss's son?

I stand up. "Come with me."

She shakes her head. "Jisoo! I can't! H-He could do something to me! Or-Or—"

I hold her shoulders. "No. Don't be afraid. I'm here for you. Always. Now come. We're going to the General's office. I'm going to call Seulgi." I grab her hand and reach for my door.