Chapter 5

Chapter 5, "Expressive."
S1; ep4

TRIXIE KNEW TODAY was going to be especially hard for Jackie. Trixie knew how much Lucy meant to her.

All three were sisters, but Trixie was closer to Jackie, and Lucy was closer to Jackie.

Although Jackie didn't know it, she was the glue that held together the whole family. She always thought it was Lucy, but everyone knew.

So when Parker accidentally broke Lucy's favorite teapot, Jackie was upset. She wouldn't let anyone but Trixie know she was upset or that it took a toll on her.

AT SCHOOL, Trixie wasn't the same. Although she was closer to Jackie, Lucy held a special place in her heart. She was always this person that you knew was pure of heart. You could never dislike her.

Trixie didn't stir any trouble which was a big red flag for Issac. Even though he waved the white flag knowing he couldn't compete, she'd still whoop his ass with her pranks.

It's not something you can sign out of.

Trixie was in her period before lunch which was Art. They were doing a project about expressing feelings.

The teacher wants the class to feel instead of think. Mrs. Valentin wanted to make sure the kids knew how to follow their gut instincts.

She calls it "Expressive Learning".

Where most people's panting was filled with color, Trixie's was filled with dark colors and hues.

Which is surprising considering her fine style for bold, colorful, and expressiveness.

"Trixie," her teacher greets with a concerned face. "Your art seems dark and sad. Like it's in a slump. Are you okay?"

Trixie turns to her with a deadpaned face, "My dead sister's birthday is today."

Mrs. Valentin just looks at her with a sympathetic face. "I'm sorry, do you need time to process? You're free to go if you'd like."

'Gross. Is she trying to be sympathetic?' The young girl questions in her head.

"I've had my whole life to deal with the fact I'm an orphan. I'll be fine," Trixie looks at her incredulously.

The teacher just looks timid as if she had just yelled at her.

The rest of the class was awkward, to say the least. Especially for those who overheard.

Which was pretty much everyone considering the fact that the classroom was quietly doing their art.

Trixie didn't care though, she had bigger problems.

TRIXIE WAS AT LUNCH when she overheard two girls trash-talking Jackie and her. They were saying some bullshit about them "winning the lottery".

"Look, bitches. Having your whole family die isn't a win. It's not luck, it's fucking horrible. Honestly, I can take it. But don't you ever say a goddamn thing about Jackie."