Chapter 1

Chapter 1, "They're all dead"
S1; ep1

TRIXIE WAS 14 YEARS OLD when she got the news her parents and sister had died. She was devastated. The only family she ever knew was dead. She was relieved when she knew Jackie was alive and breathing.

It brought her comfort in knowing she wasn't alone again.

She was at home with the flu when her uncle barged in with an in-denial Jackie.

Trixie was confused and her nose was stuffed.

The second he told her, she broke down sobbing. She went towards her sister and hugged her until their breathing subsided.

Her uncle had told them to settle in. It was going to be a hard transition. But first, they had to read their parent's wishes on where they would be.

IT HAS BEEN SIX MONTHS since their parents and sister died. They finally found the will and their wishes.

The two teenage girls were to be sent to their mother's longtime friend; Katherine and her husband George Walter.

They had just gotten off their plane to Colorado.

The two sisters waited with their luggage. Jackie handed Trixie one of her AirPods as she called their uncle.

"Hi, Uncle Richard," Jackie greets.

Trixie shoves her face into view, "Sup, Rich."

He chuckles before turning to Jackie. His face sympathetic, "Hey. Was your flight okay?"

"Fine," she had replied. "Except for the part where Trixie was lying on my shoulder the whole flight."

The girl in question sheepishly smiles as her sister rubs her shoulder bitterly.

"Are you doing okay?"

"Yep." Jackie plasters on a forced smile.

"Listen, I'm sorry I couldn't come with you to meet the Walters. I—"

"I think I see them. We better go."

"Jackie, Trixie. I know it's a big change. Keep your heads up I'm here for you girls whenever you need me." Jackie nods as Trixie does a peace sign to the camera not paying attention at all.

"All right? Text me later."

"Okay," Jackie solemnly smiles before the call ends.

She takes a deep breath as the Walters arrive. Trixie is bopping her head to some song she had stuck in her head.

"Hi," Their mom's redhead friend says smiling at them warmly.

"Hi," Jackie says returning the smile. She nudges her sister to which Trixie turns and smiles throwing her hand up as a 'hey'.

The woman hugs the girl's sister as she says, "I'm so happy you're here."

Trixie smiles knowing her sister needs that badly.

"Thanks, Katherine."

The woman then hugs Trixie who awkwardly reciprocates it. She pats the red-heads back hoping it's soothing and not just harsh.

"So, um.." She had tears in her eyes. She refused to let them drop. Not in front of these girls who have been through way worse.

"Over here," The man who seemingly is her husband reminds her.