Chapter 5: Nice Day For a Walk

You are teaching your class about the importance of having a semblance and understanding it. Afterwards, you gave the class an assignment to practice improving their semblance and to show their progress next week.

"And that's all for today, class dismissed."

The students left, and you did so too. You took a stroll around Vale and saw several posters telling Atlas to leave Remnant for good.

You saw Glynda from afar exiting a Dust shop and decided to go talk to her.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Goodwitch."

Glynda: "Hello Mr. Y/N."

"So what brings you to Vale at this hour?"

Glynda: "I didn't want to use the Dust stored in the academy. We re-opened after years. We have to be careful with the supplies we have been given."

"I get what you mean. Would you care for a walk around Vale? I haven't seen much of it since I was spending most of my time teaching at Beacon."

Glynda: "Why not? I need to visit a few more places anyway."

You and Glynda walked around Vale and visited the docks, the Vale Police Department, and even the site of the old CCTS tower before it was destroyed.

"I bet no one was expecting the beginning stages of a second Great War three years ago."

Glynda: "It took all of us by surprise. That was the last time I ever saw Professor Ozpin."

"I heard. After that, Beacon became overrun with Grimm."

Glynda: "It took months to finally find a solution to it, and it was even more difficult when the Cross Continental Transmit System went offline. No communication with the outside world, and we had to make do with what we had. And that was before Ruby Rose sent the message out to everyone in Remnant. There was a lot of tension after that. But eventually, we all decided to unite in Vacuo and decided to stand together."

"And months after answering Ruby's call, Remnant eventually fought Salem and won."

Glynda: "Another story for the books. However, we all wanted to make sure that our mistakes were mentioned so that those who read it know that we weren't perfect. We made mistakes that affected the course of history, but we learned from them and forged a better future."

"And now we are writing another story for the future. About how we worked together to rebuild the world."

Glynda: "Agreed. We should head back to the academy now."

"Fine by me."

You and Glynda walk back to Beacon Academy together.