Chapter 4: Hard Lessons

As you finished up teaching your class, you received a message on your scroll:

"I would like speak with you. Please come to my office." 

--Glynda

After reading the message, you went to the headmistress' office, where you found Glynda sitting at her desk.

"Hey Glynda, how's your day going?"

Glynda: "Just fine. Though there are some things that are concerning."

"What would that be?"

Glynda: "Is it true that you fought a few of your students?"

"They were being a bunch of arrogant bullies. They challenged me and I said I would let them pass this class if they beat me. They didn't, and now they have to write an essay on what being a Huntsman is."

Glynda: "I won't say your intentions were wrong, but you can't just do something on your own. Next time something like this arises, report it to me and we will handle it. Understood?"

"Yes, Glynda."

Glynda: "Good. Now that that's taken care of, there's something else I need to discuss."

She activated a bunch of holograms that shows the News reports all over the world. The Kingdom of Atlas is apparently returning to Remnant.

"Atlas is returning? You've got to be kidding me. After they left us for dead, they should return to space."

Glynda: "We will see, but to tell you the truth, I've lost all trust in both Ironwood and Atlas. However, it will be the Huntsmen's responsibility to make sure no blood is spilt during this debate. Don't want it to be any more brutal than it already will be."

"No worries. Just know that everyone will openly show their hatred of those deserters."

Glynda: "I am well aware. Just make sure the students learn what they need to, and report to me if they cause any trouble, and make sure you don't cause trouble yourself."

"I'll try. Want to get you coffee or something?"

Glynda: "Sure. I need something to help keep me awake."

You went to get coffee from the cafeteria and returned to Glynda's office. You handed her a cup and she drank from it.

Glynda: "Thanks."

"No prob. The world's finally rebuilding after a long time. Those that survived the war have to look out for each other."

Glynda: "Agreed. That's all I have. You can leave."

"Okay, but I'm starting to kinda enjoy these meetings of ours."

You exited her office and went in the elevator, as Glynda watched from afar as the door closed and the elevator went down.

Glynda: "So am I."