xvi. the pulverizer

──────────────────────

YOU WEREN'T AGAINST CHANGES; in fact you thought that they were important to not fall into an endless loop of boring and depression.

you liked it when the brothers forget to buy groceries and you had to drink juice instead of coffee in the morning.

you liked it when you thought it was going to be a really sunny day and instead you found yourself laying on the sofa, a couple of blankets laying over you as you ate pop corn with the brothers, the rain outside as a soft background noise.

you even liked when you had had to stop your training and change your whole schedule and daily life.

but those were small changes compared to what had changed now.

it was difficult for you to do anything, not being used to your new body.

your balance was a little off, your size and body weight were different and you kept on forgetting about it.

your hands were a lot bigger too.

but what worried you the most was your tail, it was hard for you to control it, to use it, to actually understand how it worked.

every step you made you were over-focused on your body, where you were moving, how you were moving.

also, having to explain to the brothers what had happened had brought a headache to the mix.

they were supportive of your new form, of course, especially mickey.

'we look even more like siblings now!' he had commented as he had blocked you into a hug.

donatello took some tests, you found out that your blood wasn't crimson anymore instead a dark purple — you had tried to said that it looked more black than purple but donnie didn't want any objection.

after analyzing your blood it was easy to say that you were 80% lizard now, which means you had lost 80% of your humanity, which confused you a lot.

in quick words you should've been some kind of psychopath or feral animal, but you weren't.

'why?' you had asked.

after a quick round up of the last months you had come to the conclusion that your first mutagen contact was what had made you see things that weren't there.

or at least you thought they weren't there.

now you were having some doubts about wether they were real or fake, not that it really mattered.

that's why you ignored that, instead focusing on another question.

'why didn't i die?'

you were sure that the glass had cut trough your back, the pool of blood in which you had woken up and the stains on your ripped shirt confirming your memory.

you were sure that you had felt your soul leaving your body.

but it was only for three minutes and thirty seven seconds.

the mutagen entering your body through your wounds had grabbed your floating soul, forcing it back down.

that was why you were alive.

and as much as you were grateful for that, you knew it would've left a scar far deeper inside your mind.

──────────────────────

the brothers had noticed that even thought you were okay with changes, you didn't like being where all their eyes and questions were pointed.

so donatello took the chance to show all of you his latest work, which he was quite proud off.