Ch. 8: Blindly (Falling For You)

A few days have passed, and everything eventually went back to normal.

Haesoo took up several tasks, unfortunately still failing most of them.

And Jibeom continued his mundane life as a hotel singer.

Neither of them have seen each other for the past days, either. And while it didn't really bother Haesoo who was very busy trying to prove that she can make it as a spy, it was undoubtedly bothering Jibeom... who's just as bothered that he's actually bothered by the spy's sudden absence in his life.

"Why the hell am I thinking of her again?" Jibeom thinks to himself as a frown forms on his face, all while he sits in the living room of the penthouse, a few music sheets in his hand. Haesoo had randomly entered his mind again while he was looking through the songs they were set to sing that night, and who knows why because not even Jibeom understands why his mind had been conjuring up the thought of her lately. "Gosh, I must be going crazy after that incident. Why the hell can't I stop thinking of her?" he mutters to himself, referring to the previous case wherein he had actively worked with Haesoo to get her mission done.

He doesn't notice his friend behind him, however, who had heard everything he said to himself. Unfortunately, it also happens to be Jangjun, who loves to tease in a rather loud manner. And that's exactly what he does as he bends over the sofa. "Yo! You're missing your super agent girlfriend already?!"

"Gah!" Jibeom shouts in his surprise, before he turns, just as Joochan also enters the room, his expression playful as he had obviously heard what Jangjun had said.

"Would you look at that? Our Jibeom's actually finally interested in someone?" Joochan asks as he approaches the two, and Jibeom frowns as he responds.

"No! That is not what's going on here! I told you, already. She is not my girlfriend, and I do not like her!"

"But you are looking for her, aren't you?" Joochan asks.

"You said it yourself! You can't stop thinking of her!" Jangjun interjects, and it only makes Jibeom even more annoyed.

"Guys, seriously..." he begins, only to be interrupted by his phone ringing. He turns to it, and his annoyance only gets worse when he sees his brother's phone ID on the screen. "Oh, great. Of course, I forgot." He groans, knowing his previous injuries would do nothing to keep Seokjin from setting him up for a blind date with his girlfriend's sister.

He still picked up the phone in the end, anyway. After all, even if he didn't pick up, he knows Seokjin would go as far as visiting him at his work again.

[Jibeom-ah~]

"Can't I just sit this one out again? I'm not feeling well."

[No~]

Jibeom groans in response, and his frustration grows, mostly because his brother was being strict with him, all while using his "smiley" voice like he just knows Jibeom can't do anything about this. "Ah, Seokjin, seriously!"

[Aren't you excited? Jisoo told me her sister has a great vibe. I'm sure you'll love her!]

"Right. Of course, I will" Jibeom replies sarcastically. And as obvious as it was, or maybe Seokjin just chose to ignore it, because the older brother soon replies with much enthusiasm in his tone.

[Alright! See you tonight! I'll pick you up at your job at five so we'll be there at the same time!]

Jibeom half-hums and half-groans in response, and his brother soon bids him goodbye.

[Bye~]

Jibeom's phone beeps, and he looks at his phone with a distraught expression. "Wonderful. I'm going on a blind date tonight."