Ch. 4: Charming (The Leader's Son)

"Ey, Jibeom!"

At the sound of his name being called, Jibeom's eyes flick up. That is, before he realizes who had called him, and he flinches before quickly turning around. "Seokjin?!"

Seokjin smiles widely upon his younger brother noticing him, and with a wave of his hand, he soon approaches him with much enthusiasm. "Hey~ How's my favorite brother?"

Jibeom cringes at the way his brother approaches him, and it even shows on his face as he faces the older once the latter reaches him. "What are you even talking about? I'm your only brother."

"Oh, come on, now! Don't be so bitter. Aren't you glad to see me, too?" With high hopes and a bright smile on his face, Seokjin slings his arm around Jibeom while saying those words. But his expression is soon to fade when the latter speaks.

"Not when you're being too dramatic."

Seokjin's expression drops, and so does his arm before Jibeom walks away to the backstage of the hall to continue preparing for another performance tonight. The latter rolls his eyes and shakes his head as he walks away, but a second later, Seokjin eventually shakes off the shock before following Jibeom.

"Hey, now! That's no way to be talking to your older brother!"

"And that's no way to be talking to anyone in public."

"What's wrong with the way I talk?!"

Jibeom quickly turns his head, and his eyes narrow as he looks at his brother. "Everything. Seriously, have a little bit of shame, at least."

"Shame? What's that?"

Jibeom scrunches up his face in a frown, but a second later, he just turns around whilst rolling his eyes. "Ugh!"

Seokjin just laughs before continuing to follow his younger brother around, pestering him about almost everything.

To make things clear, Jibeom never really had a problem with his relationship with his older brother. He and Seokjin had always gotten along well, no matter how much they bickered. After all, they're siblings. One thing that really sets them apart, however, is their personalities. While Jibeom is a more reserved and calm person, his brother Seokjin is more lively and, well, probably a bit too shameless.

Simply put, one would immediately know they were siblings just by looking at their faces, but if it were their personalities... that could be pretty hard to tell.

Still, there never was an argument big enough to put a wedge in between the two brothers. And even if there were, it probably wasn't that hard to mend.

"So, how's work been? Wait, no! Scratch that!" Seokjin utters as he continues following Jibeom through his tasks. "Hey, Jibeom!" He suddenly shouts, making the younger jump in surprise.

"Oh my– Seriously, what?!" Jibeom responds with as much volume as his brother, the latter of which smacks the back of his head before resting his elbow on Jibeom's shoulder.

"What do you mean 'what'? You're already 25, aren't you? Seriously, when are you gonna get yourself a girlfriend or something? I heard someone tried to approach you at your job yesterday but you stayed away?! Seriously, do you plan to stay single and miserable for all your life?!"

"And there he goes with his useless nagging again," Jibeom thinks to himself while rolling his eyes. He then proceeds to remove Seokjin's elbow from his shoulder before he responds. "You know, just because I'm single doesn't necessarily mean I'm miserable. In fact, I'm pretty happy with how my life is right now." He walks over to his mic stand and starts checking it for any damages.