Ch. 3: Café (We Meet Again)

A half-relaxed, half-exhausted sigh leaves Jibeom's mouth after sipping from his coffee cup. He had eventually found himself in a café downtown from the hotel, and after ordering his own drink, he had soon settled down to relax at a table in the corner of the shop, positioned so that he would have a wide view of all the goings-on in and just outside the place.

Indeed, yesterday night's events were very odd to him. To the point that the scene of the mystery girl kissing him would haunt him nonstop in his dreams.

And indeed, Jibeom was relaxed as he drank coffee in this calm shop. But he was also exhausted after a whole night of no sleep and a very late catch-up sleep that went on until the afternoon. But at least he was finally able to find himself some peace and relaxation.

His "relaxation", however, was soon cut short when, not even ten minutes since he had settled, a commotion occurs in the shop.

Jibeom's brows furrow as he turns to the front of the shop to see a man and a woman arguing. It seems the woman is accusing the man of cutting in line but the man isn't agreeing with that. But of course, no one would admit if they did something wrong in public though, would they?

"Like I said, you have no right to be here. Even if you were previously in line, you already stepped out so what you did is still cutting in line!" Haesoo argues, almost snarling at the man who had stepped infront of her on the line to the counter.

The man remains stubborn as a mule, however. And he even seems to be close to snarling back as well as he speaks to the young woman. "What are you talking about? Sheesh, you're so annoying. I came here first. How do you not get that part?" He sneers at her, then proceeds to look away as he mutters something. "This is why women are so difficult to deal with. They're all so simple-minded."

"I'm sorry, what did you say?!" Haesoo immediately shouts, the man's last words not having escaped her notice. Though, of course, he must have said it while expecting her to hear it, as well, which could be seen by the cocky smirk on his face. Haesoo booms with her voice as she shouts at the man again. "I asked you what you just said, you jerk!"

"I said you're a stupid-ass woman!"

Gasps fill the coffee shop just a second after Haesoo had slapped the man. Silence then replaces it another second later, but when the man turns back to her, it's clear that he didn't like what she just did one bit.

"Why you little–" He raises his hand to hit her as well, but before he could even do so, a third person appears and grabs his wrist, stopping the man from hitting Haesoo and getting in between them eventually. The man's eyes widen as he turns to the newcomer, but his surprise only shows for a second before he proceeds to scowl at the young man stood between him and the young woman he had been arguing with. "What the– Who the hell are you?!"

Jibeom eyes him sternly as he tightly grabs his wrist. "Quite shameless of you to try and hit a woman, don't you think?"

The man only seems to get angrier at what Jibeom said. His pride was being attacked in this situation, after all, and it was clear he isn't the kind of person to let that happen. "What are you– Hey! Let go of me, will ya?! Who the hell do you think you are?! Hey!" He tries to get his hand out of the young man's grip, but with every attempt he fails.

That is, until... Haesoo speaks up.

"Wait a minute... you're... the hotel singer?"

"... Wait, what?" Suddenly, Jibeom's eyes widen, and as if all rationality and alertness had left him, he turns around with wide eyes to meet a pair of familiar ones. The girl from yesterday night. "Y-you?!"