Ch. 7: Caught (In Your Arms)

Bang!

Immediately, everyone's eyes widen, and just in time, Jibeom finds the guest chairman, turning to him. Their eyes meet, and almost as if a spark of realization happened between them, the guest immediately pushes his supposed partner for the dance before he tries to walk out of the scene.

"No!" Jibeom shouts as that happens, jumping off the stage just as Yoona grabs the chairman's arm to keep herself from falling.

All of a sudden, the man gets aggressive as he shoves the young woman away. She doesn't lose her balance this time, stumbling backwards instead before she suddenly sees a hand going straight for her face.

Yoona yelps as she braces for the impact, but right before that happens, Jibeom appears, tackling the chairman to the ground before he could even touch her.

"Ugh!"

On the other hand, Haesoo had ended up in a one-to-many brawl with the traders who (luckily) have not been able to start due to the absence of the chairman.

Clearly, she was having some difficulty, because now she had ended up on the floor after successfully dodging a bullet aimed right at her.

"That is so unfair! Do I look like I have any weapons to you?!" she yells at her attackers, sounding very offended as she glares at them.

Of course, her attackers couldn't care less about that, and as those men begin to surround her, Haesoo hisses as she quickly scans the room for a way out of the corner she had gotten into. It would be a bad idea to hide behind a car. If she were lucky, doing that could help her damage the traders' getaway car, but it's not like she knows which one of the parked cars it is. And then her eyes land on a bunch of crates just beside a column not too far from where she lies.

"Get her!" one of the traders shouts as Haesoo stands up, running into hiding. Several gunshots echo through the place again, missing the spy by bare inches before she could get into hiding. It doesn't take long before she hears a smack, and the angry words of their boss. "How could you miss her?! There's only one of her and seven of you with guns! Are you stupid?!"

"Ah... so there's seven of them," Haesoo mumbles to herself while keeping an eye and an ear out for any nearibg danger. "Well, eight including that yelling guy, of course. Nine including the chairman... This should be easy."

Bang!

Yet another gunshot rings out, and the spy's eyes widen when she sees it coming from infront of her instead. The bullet flies past her, embedding itself into the crates behind her and missing her just by a few centimeters. A quick look ahead let her know it was the guest chairman.

"Oh, come on!" she exclaimed, before she raised her hand to her earpiece just as she saw the chairman raise his hand again. "Jibeom! The chairman's in the base–"

Bang!

Another gunshot, and Haesoo's eyes widen again as she turns to the chairman, only to see the man with a shocked expression of his own, before he fell to the ground with his leg bleeding.

"W-what the–" Haesoo exclaims, and then she hears a familiar voice through her earpiece.

[Gosh, I really hope this doesn't get me fired.]