Even If You Should Die

It didn't take long before Golgius recovered from the shock. 'It doesn't matter. I'll take Princess Elizabeth back to the Kingdom no matter what.' he answers holding his hand out.

Elizabeth gasps. 'Hey, not so fast!' Hawk shouts angrily while stepping in front of M/n. M/n feels Elizabeth grab his wrist to pull him to her side. 'You're gonna have to go through the captain of the Order of Scraps Disposal first!' Hawk states but all it took was a simple kick and Hawk was sent bouncing through the room.

Elizabeth puts her hands on M/n's shoulder as she stands behind him. 'Hawk, no!'

'Now then!' Golgius removes the blanket from Meliodas's body, revealing the sword he is holding. '...seems it's become rather pointless for you to keep this sword any longer.' he grabs the sword but Meliodas's hand refuses to let it go. 'So I shall take it with me.'

'Stop! What are you doing to Sir Meliodas?!' Elizabeth shouts with a frown and M/n winces from the loud shout by his ear. After some struggles, Golgius was able to remove Meliodas's firm grasp.

The Holy Knight laughs 'It's mine now. You've got no use for it..-' Just as M/n was about to do something Golgius gasped and Meliodas's hand was on the sword again. This time he was conscious and standing.

M/n hears the doctor gasp. 'Impossible! No one could survive after that much poison.' he states utterly surprised.

Golgius wasn't surprised. 'Too stubborn to die, I see. But you will release this sword!' he states while pulling on it, but the sword or Meliodas's arm didn't move.

'Even if I die...' Meliodas says while looking down at the ground. M/n felt the familiar aura coming off of him. 'This sword is the one thing I'll never let go of. It's the only thing I can do. The only way I can ever atone!'

Elizabeth gasps. 'Sir Meliodas.'

Golgius laughs mockingly. 'Spout all the nonsense you wish. The princess and your weapon will still be mine!' he says but all Meliodas had to do was look the knight right into his eyes and he jumped out of the window like a scared cat.

'Coward.' M/n says to himself.

'He got away.' Hawk says, looking at the now broken window.

Elizabeth's eyes are on Meliodas as she puts her hands together. 'I'm sorry but, is it really you standing there?' the girl asks hesitantly.

Meliodas didn't respond right away, worrying the two. 'Are you okay, Meliodas?' M/n asks while putting a hand on the shorter male's uninjured shoulder.

Meliodas turns to look at them making M/n retreat his arm. 'I'm alright, M/n. And yeah it's me, Elizabeth.' he says with a sweet smile. M/n noticed how his eyes were back to normal and how he was moving his shoulders without wincing. 'Hey, porky!' Meliodas says as he turns to greet Hawk.

'Oh, thank goodness! You're back to your old self again!' Elizabeth says with a smile.

'Except that he called me porky for some reason.' Hawk butts in.

'I don't see the problem in that.' M/n replies nonchalantly.

Meliodas looks around the room. 'Hey, where are we right now?'

'Dalmally, which is literally next to where Ban is.' M/n responds with his arms crossed. Meliodas glances at him before asking. 'Who was that weirdo?'

'A Holy Knight who said his name was Golgius. From the looks of things, it's pretty clear that he's after Elizabeth and that broken sword of yours.' Hawk explains before looking over to where that doctor was supposed to be. 'That quack over there was working with him too.'