*The end of the tour, the end of peace*

Start from the beginning

"One day, I'm going to volunteer! Just like you did!" She said excitedly to Cato, her hands clasped over her chest.

You could almost hear his heart drop as his smile slightly faded from his face. You knew that the mindset he'd had before the games was starting to get to him.

He could see himself in every child from one and two, the excitement to join the games and the academy to train radiating from them.

Yet, now Cato was now understanding how bad it was. How damaging it was to think like that and then to win, and be left with only the fear of what happened.

As you made it from the stage, immediately Cato stormed past Foie and Finnick, heading straight to your designated room on the train.

"Go after him." Peeta nodded as Katniss went to Haymitch's side. His eyes immediately on her in fear.

You offered a small smile to Finnick and Foie who was looking at where Cato had gone. "Well I never." She hissed, heading towards Effie, you had learnt her name was.

Finnick only nodded turning to Haymitch.

Quickly you followed after him, finding Cato sat with his head in his hands, letting out deep breaths of frustration.

You came to his side, gently rubbing his leg. His eyes flashed up to yours. Only to retreat downwards back to the floor.

You'd be by his side no matter what. No matter where he was in his head you wouldn't leave his side.

——————————————————————-

"Snow is watching us." Finnick began watching you all as Haymitch sat at his side.

"If he wants you to 'pacify' the districts I promise you he is not happy." Finnick snapped, shaking his head.

"We're doing our best." Cato snapped. Finnick only glared at him.

"Instead of you two being in love? You two sound like you're reciting from a drilling manual." Haymitch snapped at Katniss and Peeta, shaking his head.

"You try reading the stuff Effie writes us.." Peeta murmured.

"Tell that to President Snow when you see him two days from now." Haymitch glared at Peeta. Who only rolled his eyes, leaning backwards into his chair.

You let out a heavy sigh leaning further into Catos side. This was the worst. Whilst you and Cato were doing all you could, Katniss and Peeta were having a difficult time.

"I'm opened to suggestions." Peeta said shaking his head.

"We could get married," Katniss spoke up. Your head snapped towards her. Catos eyes widened. His chest rising.

"What?" You asked, your eyes widening.

"That's not helping." Finnick murmured as he took a small sip of his water.

"I'm serious. Me and Peeta. If like you said we're on this train forever, then it'll happen at some point." She said leaning backwards.

She then seemed to pause again. "They believe Y/n and Cato. The districts love seeing them together. But it's me and Peeta they don't believe."

You felt Catos arm around you tighten as he leaned down to press a kiss to your hairline.

He was clearly proud of your relationship, taking every chance on stage to show you off with a kiss or by lifting your joint hands.

"It does make a statement. But Y/n and Cato aren't the ones who need to convince people. It's you two." Haymitch said nodding slightly in approval of the idea.