15: The Introduction

A not so small interlude to tell you all how the Doctor originally met Alex and let me tell you... it's a doozy. It also takes the place of Blink.

Location: The Time Vortex

I sat next to the Doctor on the large chair by the console, his arm wrapped around me, as we watched Martha vent about an alien race we had just encountered, smiling the entire time. We had just wrapped up a pretty uneventful encounter with a race called the Calidaries that, to Martha's annoyance, hated medicine and had spent most of their existence ill. She was desperate to help them and did just that which unfortunately released a virus that had been dormant for years. The Doctor and I luckily managed to engineer a cure to stop the virus and get rid of the medicine but Martha was still a little angry they didn't have any in the first place.

"This whole thing happened because they didn't have medicine so I don't know why they got so angry that a virus almost killed them," Martha muttered as she paced the console room.

"The Callidaries believe in holistic medicine, herbs and magic, not needles and vaccines," the Doctor reminded her and Martha scoffed.

"So...they still need penicillin, they still need cold medicine," she argued and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry about it, they'll figure it out," I told her and turned to the Doctor, a grin on my face. "How about we make it up to her by finally telling her a story that's been long buried, long tucked away."

"What story?" the Doctor asked and raised a brow.

"The story of how we met," I said and the Doctor's eyes widened before he shook his head.

"No, absolutely not."

"Why? She's not going to tell them, she doesn't even know how to find them," I argued but the Doctor stood and shook his head again.

"Find who?"

"The Shadow Proclamation, a group of people in charge of guaranteeing that people like the Doctor and I, Time Agents, basically anybody with a device that can travel in time, that they don't break the law," I said and her eyes widened. "If they knew what the Doctor did at the end of the story of how we met, they'd take the TARDIS."

"Really? They can do that?" Martha asked and the Doctor nodded.

"When I land the TARDIS I become grandfathered into a timeline, it's why I couldn't stop you from going to work that day with the Judoon," the Doctor said and turned to Martha. "But I went back after I met Alex. I kept her from ever meeting the man that kidnapped her, which in turn should've kept her from meeting me, but I guaranteed everything was okay and she was safe. I broke Protocol 7, the continuity protocol, and at first I didn't know why...didn't know what came over me, but now I do."

I stood and walked over to the Doctor before wrapping him in a tight hug and he shoved his face into the crook of my shoulder, keeping me close.

"Please."

"Fine...but you're telling, I'll add in the bit at the end."

I nodded and let out a sigh and turned, returning to the chair and taking a seat, the Doctor following and wrapping his hand tightly in mine.

"So...Martha Jones...this is how I met the Doctor," I began. "It all started 300 years ago on a planet called Galbadoras after I woke up."

Alex

Location: Galbadoras, 4578 GY(Galbadoran Years)

"Are you alright? Ms? Are you okay?"

I blinked in surprise and looked up to find a man standing above me, eyes wide with a hand on either side of my face. I stared at him, my eyes wide as my very slow brain tried to figure out what happened. I knew that something was wrong, I could feel it, like I had fallen asleep halfway through a show and woken up at the ending. There seemed to be a gap missing in my memories and I shook my head to clear it before moving away from the man. I was sitting on the floor of some weird looking room that was full of lights and bits of machinery. I stared at it bewildered as the man moved back, giving me room and a chance to look at him.