10: The Bell Tower(Not Jar)

Bonus points if you get the reference in the title.

Location: Earth, London, Lazarus Laboratories, 2007

We all followed the Doctor, me a bit closer than the others as he bolted out the door to the roof and soniced it shut, keeping up his pace as he ran down the stairs. I eventually was forced to rip my hand out of his to keep from falling down the stairs as the Doctor encouraged the rest of us to keep up with him.

"Are you okay?" Martha asked and I glanced back at Tish who shook her head.

"I was going to snog him," she muttered and let out a sigh as I raised a brow.

"Did you not see him like 20 minutes ago?" I asked and Tish just shrugged as we exited the stairs, the Doctor locking the door behind us with the sonic screwdriver.

The lights in the hallway began to flicker as something very large and seemingly very angry attempted to break through the door.

"Security one. Security one. Security one."

I glanced up at the ceiling just as the lights flickered for the last time before going out, leaving us in near total darkness as the lift doors closed, blocking off one of the only sure fire means of escaping the floor.

"What's happening?" Martha asked as she backed away from the door to the roof.

"An intrusion. It triggers a security lockdown. Kills most of the power. Stops the lifts, seals the exits," Tish explained and the Doctor glared at the doors to the lift before grabbing my hand once again.

"He must be breaking through that door. The stairs, come on!"

I let out a sigh and started running, wishing that I had followed my guts and just wore jeans since it was becoming horribly obvious that a dress is very impractical when it comes to following the Doctor. The man seemed to enjoy running more than walking and I reminded myself to go for a couple jogs around the TARDIS as we bolted across the hall and into a staircase a foot down from the lift. We had assumed that the stairs would be the best option since they were the only option but a loud crash sounded from the top of the stairs when we were about halfway down.

"He's inside!" Martha shouted as the Doctor growled and kept pulling me along behind him.

"We haven't got much time!" he shouted and we finally made it to the bottom, exiting out into the reception area. "Tish, is there another way out of here?"

"There's an exit in the corner, but it'll be locked now," Tish said and the Doctor nodded before tossing Martha his sonic.

"Martha, setting fifty four. Hurry," he ordered and she nodded, running off towards the back door as the Doctor turned to address the crowd. "Listen to me! You people are in serious danger! You need to get out of here right now!"

"Don't be ridiculous," a woman chided and chuckled at him. "The biggest danger here is choking on an olive."

The now mutated Lazarus took that as a perfect moment to crash through the ceiling and smash into a glass table full of appetisers which sent the entire crowd scrambling. The woman was still locked in place, now staring, wide eyed at the creature as I slapped a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah well....Pretend that's one massive olive!!" I shouted and she nodded before running off, joining the other rich people by the exit.

"Mum, get back!"

I turned to find Leo had stepped forward, keeping Lazarus off Francine but also getting smacked by his tail in the process and being knocked back. I glared at Lazarus and ran over to the Doctor, weaving a gun as I went and aiming it at the mutant but the Doctor held me back.