Chapter One

It was a dark and stormy night just like any other cliché story opening. Sleepy's tired eyes barely registered the dropping of the temperature on the rusted thermostat. His body, however, recognized the steadily increasing chill that seeped through the dimly lit room. A gust of wind crept through the cracked windows that he hastily tried to cover two winters ago. He scolded himself internally for not securing the draft when he had the chance. With stiff, aching fingers, he reached for his phone. Under his breath, he whispered a prayer for the device to have remaining battery left.

There was one person on Sleepy's mind, someone he wished his thoughts didn't drift to on frosty nights like these. Still, the image of the person haunted his brain despite his daily prayers for strength. He forced his numb extremities to unlock his phone and scrolled half-heartedly through his contact list until he landed on a number saved as "Do Not Call".

He had edited the contact name in a feeble attempt to remind himself to stay away from this dreaded person. But as his body slowly began freezing in the extreme cold, his resolve began to thaw. Sleepy's finger hovered over the call button as he questioned what the hell he was doing. It had been nearly two years since that filthy night they spent together and they hadn't spoken since. He found himself wondering if the person would even remember him.

After an agonizing minute of hesitation, he finally pressed the green button and the familiar dial tone filled the once silent room. The ringing lasted nearly a second before a familiar voice greeted Sleepy's chilled ears. It was as if this fated person was waiting with bated breath by the phone, anticipating Sleepy's eventual return.

"So you've finally come crawling back," Stinky answered without even a hello, "I guess you really missed this foddussy."