Part 6

I wake up next to Marcus. He's holding onto me and I feel my face burn once I realize that. I gently crawl out of his grasp and walk into the kitchen. I told him I would make breakfast, but what the heck do I make him? Searching the kitchen for ideas on what to make, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Stella is calling me, I pick up quickly.

"I am so sorry Luna! I just got your calls and messages, my phone was dead and I was out last night. Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm okay. It was scary though, but Marcus came over and checked it out, and it's all good now." I say.

"Girl! There is no way Mr. Grumpy came over to make sure you were okay! And where the fuck is your brother? Shouldn't he have been there to help you? Like, spill the damn tea." Stella giggles.

"Come over later and I'll spill?" I say.

"Why not now? OMG IS HE STILL THERE?! LUNA YOU NAUGHTY DEVIL!" Stella screams with excitement.

"Yes, but that's not why you can't come over right now, everything is innocent, I swear. I don't think of him in any manner like that. And Im positive he doesn't think of me at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure he hates me"

"Girl. Be so fucking for real. If he hated you he wouldn't be sleeping on your couch right now in hopes of protecting you."

"My couch?' I question ' He's not on my couch, he slept in my room." I say slightly confused.

Stella screams on the other line again. "I am definitely coming over! Plus I need that box I left in your room. The RA checked my room this morning, thanks again Luna, I didn't want him seeing that when he went through things looking for weed, or whatever he was looking for."

"Anytime." I laugh. Stella says goodbye and ends the call. I walk into the kitchen and decide to make waffles. After cooking, I write Marcus a note, go back into my room, and shower quickly. After my shower, I see that Marcus and my green blanket are gone. Uh oh! I run over to my closet and open it. My green blanket is in there, and the hoodie is gone. OMG, he knows I still had it. Maybe he didn't care? Yeah. I doubt he cares. He won't know I wear it sometimes still. I only wear it because it smells good. That's the only reason why.

I walk out of the bedroom and see the hoodie placed next to him on the chair, the arm of the hoodie dangling off the seat. Maybe he doesn't think I still wear it. Maybe he thinks I just forgot it?

Marcus?" I say embarrassed. He stays in his place.

"What," He says with a loss of emotion.

"Did you put my blanket away for me?" I ask, walking in front of him so he can look me in the eye.

"Yeah, you said it was your favorite right? You yelled at me this morning for having it on the floor, so I folded it and put it in your closet."

"Oh."

"Why?" he asks cluelessly. So he doesn't know or care why I had his hoodie in my room.

"No reason," I walk back to my room once I feel my face getting red.

__________________________________

I lay in my room feeling relieved for a while. There's a knocking at my door and I tell Marcus to come in.

"Hey.' He quietly and gently shuts the door behind him. 'I'm gonna leave. D should be here tonight so there shouldn't be any problems with that person breaking in. Just thought I'd let you know."

"Oh." Im not sure why but hearing that he's leaving is making me feel sad. I don't want him to leave.

"What's wrong my sweet moon?" Marcus says, grabbing my waist and staring into my eyes. I feel my heart beat against my chest and my face gets hot.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Marcus spits out a small chuckle.

"If you want, you can come with me. It's just the gym." He says letting go of my waist and acting completely normal.

I shake my head no and he laughs.

"See you later then, my pretty moon." He knocks his hand on my coffee table, turns around, and walks out

"Hello!' Stella walks in watching Marcus as he leaves. 'OMG! you weren't kidding!" She whisper-yells.

Stella flops down on my bed. "Where did you put my box, girly?" She questions. "In the closet. What's in there anyways?" I question.

"If you knew, you'd be upset that I had you watch it." She laughs.

"Oh, come on! Please tell me!" I beg.

Stella waves me over and whispers in my ear. "There's two joints and a vibrator."

"Oh my gosh! Stella! What If Marcus saw that?! Or my brother!" I laugh out of surprise.

She just giggles and rolls over on her back. "So, spill." She says looking at me now upside down.

"He just came over because I was scared. He ended up sleeping over. I made him breakfast in the morning as a thank you."

"Another question.' Stella pauses for half a second and shifts herself to be sitting normally on my bed now 'Where in here did he sleep?"

This isn't going to look good.

"I know you guys don't talk much but you have to promise me you won't tell D about any of this.' Stella nods and shakes her hand to tell me to proceed 'Okay. It's nothing weird or anything but he slept next to me in my bed."

"OMG, my baby is growing up! First sleep over with a boy! How was it? Did he make a move?

"No, he didn't, I told you we don't like each other, I think he's very annoying."

"Why?"

"The stupid nickname he gave me."

"And that's?" Stella presses further. 

"My sweet moon," I say in a high-pitched mimicking voice.

"AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME THAT?!"