Chapter One

Ashanti stood in front of the mirror, taking in her appearance. From her laced, mermaid styled wedding dress to her glamorous make-up, everything felt perfect. She gently brushed her hand through the loose curls of her hair and fiddled with her dress nervously. She took a deep breath as realization hit her - she was getting married.

"What?... what do you mean you don't know where he is?..."

The sound of her sister, Vanessa, talking in the other room grabbed her attention. Quietly, she made her way to the doorway, watching her sister angrily pace the room while on the phone.

"DJ, they literally are getting married in less than an hour...I don't care, find him...."

"Is everything okay?" Ashanti asked when Vanessa hung up.

Vanessa looked at her with a slightly worried look on her face.

"Don't freak out. We don't know where Eric is."

Ashanti frowned. "What do you mean you can't find him? He didn't go to the church with the guys?"

"No. Dj said that Eric stayed behind because he claimed he forgot something and he'd take an Uber, but he didn't show up and he won't answer his phone." Vanessa explained.

Ashanti grabbed her cellphone from the coffee table and called Eric. The phone ranged until it went to voicemail. She tried calling again and it went to voicemail.

"Where is Danielle?" Ashanti asked, realizing her bridesmaid and best friend was not there.

"I don't know, she said she had to go check something and she'd be back, but that was like thirty minutes ago."

Ashanti heart being racing and she grabbed the spare room key she had for her fiancé's room. Her mind began racing and she silently prayed to herself that it isn't what she think it is. Hastily, she left the room.

"Shani, where are you going?" Vanessa asked as she followed her down the hall.

"I'm going to see if he's in his room." She said, pushing the down button on the elevator.

The went to the floor below and walked to the room the guys were staying at. As they got closer, they could hear Eric yelling. They couldn't make out the words, but knew it was his voice.

"Who is he yelling at?" Vanessa whispered and Ashanti shrugged her shoulder.

They stayed outside the door, carefully listening. Eric had stopped yelling, but then they heard an extremely familiar voice yelling back.

"Is that-" before Vanessa could finish, Ashanti had already used the key to open the door.

They stormed in and found Eric half dressed and Danielle lying naked in the bed. Ashanti felt her stomach drop and she swore her heart had stopped for a moment. Vanessa's confusion was soon replaced by anger as she flew across the room, grabbing Danielle's hair once she was close enough.

She landed two punches as Danielle let out a scream, clenching to the bed sheets. Eric ran over and pulled Vanessa away. Vanessa shook herself from Eric's grip, punching him in the jaw. Eric raised his hand to Vanessa, but stopped himself midway.

"Put your hands on me, you dirty bitch! I dare you and Imma air all this shit out!" She yelled in his face.

Eric turned his attention to Ashanti, whom stood by the door with tears running down her face.

"Baby, listen." He stepped towards her but stopped when she took a step away.

Without a word, she turned and ran out of the room. She went over to the elevator, rapidly pushing the button. She could her arguing behind her, but ignored it. She felt a hand grab her wrist and looked to see it was Eric.

"Get off of me, Eric. This is the last time you hurt me." She glared at him.

She could tell by the look in his eyes that he did not like that. He gripped tighter around her wrist, but she moved it until she was able to free herself from him.

"I'm going to give you time to think. You'll come back to me." He said in a cocky tone before turning and going back.

Ashanti got on the elevator and made her way back to her room. She got inside and went to the bathroom. She closed the door and leaned against it, sliding down to the floor as she sobbed uncontrollably.