𝙴𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊: 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛

"... I can't do this..."

Mao talked to himself, as he stood inside his own home, in Inazuma City.

"Can't do what?" "AH!" Suddenly, a small purple haired girl appeared right behind him, as she stood curious as to why the boy was simply standing in front of his own door.

"Um, Hana... Oh, eh, I was, um..." He stumbled over his own words, carefully adjusting his shirt as he then glanced at the girl.

"You're going to go out? Can you buy me some food?" The small girl tugged his shirt as she spoke monotonely. "E-eh...?" He looked at her, slightly surprised as she simply ignored his behavior and asked for her needs.

"Oh... Um... I-" "You're not going to leave anymore? Aw." She seemed to know precisely what he wanted to say, even before he spoke.

"H-how are y-" "It's something I learned to do. My brother is just like you." She interrupted him again. She smiled brashly as she watched him squirm over, apparently nervous.

"... I'm going to-" "Do your machine stuff again?" She interrupted him for the last time, as he now only stared at her with a blank face. "Hehe. Sorry." Hana smiled, as she soon ran back to sonewhere inside the house.

Hana and her brother Yuri were currently staying on his house, as Y/N had asked him to take care of them, as he said he would have to take a trip which would take a few days.

However, he had no experience in taking care of children. Thankfully, it seemed Hana knew much better how to take care of herself already, which certainly made his job easier.

Mao sighed, as his gaze went towards the door. He seemed to give up on leaving, before walking away from it, as he headed for his workshop.

"Might as well do something to pass the time..." He went to his table, as multiple scraps and tools were scattered around his table, a mess being unrecognizable to anyone who saw it, yet Mao seemed to know where every little piece was at all times.

He soon grabbed a box from behind the table, placing it on the table with some difficulty, before heading over to the living room to pick up another box.

When he walked in the room, he was surprised to see Hana, as she held a wooden sword, repeatedly swinging it up and down, slashing the air. She looked at him for a second, before continuing.

"...Um, what are you doing...?" Mao asked, as he went to the corner, where the box he looked for stood on the ground. "Practicing." She said, concentrated on the wooden sword she held on her hands.

"...You want to learn how to use a sword?" He asked, and she stopped practicing, before nodding with a wide smile.

"Yes! I want to be like Y/N when I grow up!" She said, as she stared at the wooden sword. Mao looked at her curiously, slightly impressed for a moment, before giggling.

"Um, then you might want to fix your posture a little bit. Your feet are more open than they should be. You need to be perfectly balanced at all times, or else you might fall on the ground." Mao said, as he stared at her. "H-huh...? O-oh, okay." She said, as she fixed the mistakes he pointed out.

She began swinging it once more, and Mao stared at her again. "Well, you could try to use your entire body as you swing. Not just your arms and hands." He said, correcting her again.

"Ah, okay... Mr. Mao?" Hana looked at him, as she stopped swinging the sword. "Have you perhaps... trained with a sword before?" She asked, and Mao was taken aback, as he averted her gaze, placing a hand on his nape.

"Oh, um, I-I guess so? My father used to train me when I was your age. H-he, um. Nevermind." Mao spoke, as he felt the curious gaze of the small girl in front of him to be quite pressuring.