5. 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎

The day was coming to an end, as I walked towards the Adventurer's Guild, to claim my reward for all the commissions I did for the day.

"Ad astra abyssosque! Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild" Katherine said as usual, sometimes I wonder if she's a robot or something.

"I'm here to claim my reward for the daily commissions..." I spoke silently, my voice weak as the tiredness struck me. I had travelled around the entirety of Liyue, from Qingce Village to near the chasm. As such, my legs felt tired and my back begged for rest.

"Thank you for completing your commissions, here is your reward!" Katherine said as she pulled a pouch full of Mora.

- Ah... It's so nice to see you again... -

I thought, as I then grabbed the bag, and stored it away.

"No, thank YOU, Katherine!" I said as I checked the amount of mora I had, and it was almost high enough that I could pay a month in an inn I found recently while walking around the city.

As I was about to leave, Katherine seemed to have something else to say.

"Y/N, you have done multiple jobs recently, and all of them have been done near perfectly, therefore, the Adventurer's Guild has a special commission for you." She said, catching my attention.

"Oh? And what might that be?" My eyes turned back to face her, and she looked back at me.

"The Adventurer's Guild has received a commission about a certain domain in Guyun Stone Forest." Katherine explained as she gave me a paper with most of the information about the commission.

I stared at it, reading the information.

"Hm... Find a golden bracelet... The domain seems large. This could take more than a day there..."

I mumbled, reading every part.

"Other than that, this doesn't sound too ba- 150K MORA!?" I exclaimed loudly, as I then coughed twice and recomposed myself.

"U-uh, I mean, um, when do I need to go?"

"The owner expects it to be returned in a week. As long as you return it before that, it should be okay for you to head there anytime you wish." She said, as I returned the paper for her. "Oh, okay then. I'll head there the day after tomorrow or so." I mumble, slowly turning away.

"Thanks, Katherine." I said that and walked back to my room in the hotel.

One of these days, I had been curious as to what the hotel's actual name was, since I've been calling it hotel this whole time.

Recently, though, I found out that the hotel did have a name, however I wasn't able to read it on the sign because the paint that had been used to write it had already dissipated and only left the 'hotel' part of it intact.

Of course I didn't want to ask the receptionist, who was also the owner, what the name of the hotel was when I was already living in it for two weeks.

As I reached my room, I quickly took off my cape and mask, then layed on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

- I could do the commission tomorrow... but I had already planned to go to the bookstore to buy a few books about Liyue's history and then buy a gift for Hu Tao... -

My thoughts wandered as I thought of the girl.

- I mean, I guess a gift isn't too necessary... Still, for some reason I feel like getting closer to her. A gift should be a good way... -

"..."

The memories of her cheeky smile went through my mind, as a sigh left through my mouth.

"Since I'll be out for a few days I guess I should do this first..." I mumbled as I looked around, and after getting bored decided to open the window to look at the sunset.