13. 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚍'𝚎̂𝚝𝚛𝚎

Gore scenes in this chapter, be alerted.

"I love you, no matter what, okay?"

======

The air felt vivid as we fell into the seemingly endless hole, my mind sped up as I grabbed Hu Tao and pulled her closer to me, quickly summoning Dragon's Frostbite and sent cryo energy to the ground we could now see.

The ice quickly formed a slide we could fall on, and we slid off of it onto the ground, where we simply kept sliding until we stopped.

I breathed heavily as I was not ready for the sudden burst of adrenaline, while Hu Tao stood up and looked up, "Seems like this time I almost joined my predecessors..." She said while observing the place we were on currently.

"Okay, surely you knew there was a deadly hole right here correct?" I asked her, slightly irritated I almost died because of it. "Nope, I'm just as surprised as you are!" She said, bringing her arms up as a sign of peace.

"Ugh, is there an exit nearby?" I look around, realizing we were in an ancient ruin, there were broken ladders on the wall, they looked like they hadn't been used in a few centuries. Even though it showed signs of being very ancient, the place was mostly intact except for the dust and fallen debris around. And for the giant bones around.

"Wow, what were these things? Looks like a giant snake or something!" Hu Tao said, examining the bones around. "It reminds me of a few sea serpents I once saw back in Inazuma..." I said, calming down slightly.

"Well that would explain the giant water tunnels over there!" Tao says as she points to a few holes on the ground which contained water, I wasn't able to see the bottom of it.

I look around, the place doesn't seem to have anywhere to go except for a small tunnel in the distance, as such, I look to Tao and motion for her to follow me.

We walk forward to the tunnel, once we go through it we are met by a large room with a small amount of water on the ground, only enough to reach around my toes.

There were stone bricks covering the walls of this room, and a weird aura covered it as in front of us there was only a smaller tunnel, almost reminding me of a hallway. With nowhere else to go, we decide to go forward.

Hu Tao walks slightly faster than me as I look around the room, its aura gave me chills as I observed it, there seemed like no traps were around, so it was safe to walk through. Tao enters the tunnel and waits for me, so I sped up and followed her.

*Thud*

"Ow! What the hell?" I said as I hit my head on something as I walked, however when I looked where I hit my head, I saw only the air as Hu Tao stood right in front of me. "What happened? Are you too scared to walk forward~?" Hu Tao smiled as on her point of view most likely I only walked back a few steps.

"There's something here." I slowly reach out my hand on the entrance of the tunnel, and I'm able to touch an invisible barrier right in front of me. "Huh? I just walked through there..." Tao said, attempting to walk back, however she hit her head and walked back.

"Ow! What the hell?" She said as she looked at me, "See what I meant?" I said as I yawned loudly, 'Weird... I suddenly feel so sleepy...' I say as I take a few steps away from the doorway, and I see Hu Tao trying to enter the room again, "Hey! What's happening to you!?" She yelled, however more and more faint sounds filled my head as everything suddenly started getting dark.

"Y/N!"

.

.

.