24. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

Aether and Paimon were currently walking on Tatarasuna Island, the current storm making it extremely hard to navigate, and causing them to have to take a roundabout path to Yashiori Island, where the Resistance were situated at, according to Thoma.

"Ah! Why is there thunder things going after us! huff" Paimon yelled, as they hid below some old and destroyed building. "This island seems too dangerous, are we sure this is the place?" She said, as she took a sneak peek outside of the building.

The weather was merciless, as usual, but surprisingly enough, a lone figure walked in the middle of the storm.

"Hey, isn't that...?" She said, catching Aether's attention, before he turned and looked at the person in the distance.

"HEY! I didn't think we'd be seeing you again so soon, Y/N!" Paimon yelled, catching the person's attention, they turned around, and Paimon was shocked and embarrassed as the person had long black hair, and wore a black mask. More importantly, it was a woman.

She approached Paimon, curiously, as she had been called over.

"Oh, um, we kind of thought you were someone else... Sorry..." The girl said as the woman had entered the building to flee from the storm as well. "Huh, I see... I was surprised when someone called me by the Ex-General's name." The woman spoke, laughing as she looked at the two.

She carefully observed them before also taking a look at the destroyed building, the place was in shambles, it seemed the room they were in had been abandoned for decades, but it was enough to be able to protect them from the storm.

"Well, the rain won't stop for a while, hm? By the way, you can call me Murasaki, and you two are?" She said, her bright purple eyes being placed on the two as she seemed to smile lightly behind the black mask she wore. It hid only her nose and below, she had fair skin, her outfit consistent of mostly black clothes with leather boots and gloves, and a katana was being held by her belt, on its scabbard.

"I'm Paimon! And he's Aether!" Paimon smiled as she pointed at Aether, who bowed as he was being introduced. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here? The storm is terrible and the battles between the resistance and the shogunate happen around here, too." Aether asked, saying something for once, as Murasaki stared at the weather.

"I was looking to join the resistance, actually. I used to be a Shogunate soldier, but I can't really stand fighting for something I can't believe in. So, I decided to join the other side. I hope I'm doing the right thing, but since the rebels destroyed the Grand Narukami Shrine, I'm a bit unsure..." The woman spoke, not making eye contact with any of the two.

"Oh, we were heading there for the same reason! What a coincidence! Well, actually I doubt anyone would come here for another reason..." Paimon said, as Murasaki nodded. "Also, you were a Shogunate soldier? Now that I think about it, you called Y/N your ex-general?" The white haired girl asked once again, and Murasaki seemed surprised at the question.

"Yes? Have you not heard about him?" Aether seemed to be intrigued at her question, as Paimon thought of an answer. "We've saw him once. He seemed kind of suspicious, but we don't really know anything about him."

"Oh, I see. Well, a few years ago, Y/N was the General of the Shogunate's forces, like Kujou Sara is, today." She explained. "Was? What happened?" Aether asked, as Murasaki continued.

"Rumors went around that someone close to him had gained a vision right after the Vision Hunt Decree ended, and he went to confront the Shogun, but he apparently lost his temper and tried to attack her, he lost, obviously, and fled. He dissapeared since then, but there's a few rumors of people that saw him around, although I've never met them. But you mentioned you did, so I suppose it's true." Aether looked to be in thought as Paimon listened to her words.