Chapter 10.

1

They'd been sitting in the common room and there were four of them only and else was an unknown ghost of the past, living among the air and flames in the fireplace and outside where the snowflakes were twirling about with their frozen dances and tongues and the sun was peering inside carefully. Now they spoke of homework and then they spoke of magic and then they spoke of something irrelevant and then anew of homework. The common room was orange and warm and strangely no one but them was there and it was quiet save for their words. The broomstick lay, brown and shining and great, untouched by nothing and it could be laden with some deadly curse but to Harry that didn't matter, and had Y/N not taken Hermione's mind away from the idea, the broomstick would be gone and of course it would be safe but who cared for safety when death arraigned remain for each on every living rim of the heart. Harry walked over with Ron and they still haven't wholly reckoned that Harry's got it. Some girl went inside the common room and stared at them and said nothing and went across and smiled at Y/N and Hermione didn't think of that as necessary and the girl went ahead and was gone after the doors to the dormitory and Hermione glanced over to Y/N.

"Don't smile at her," Hermione said.

"She was being nice to me," Y/N said. "I was nice to her."

"You're never nice to anyone."

"Surely I'm nice to you."

"Only if you want something."

"What do I want from you."

"I don't know. You find things."

Then they'd quit the dormitory when the sun was nearing its bed atop the mountains and the sky was orange and pink and crimson and outside the great castle on the great and deep sea of stars to the southeast Orion was bent over and regarded them all with its eternal brightness, unless it dies and light perishes with it, but another year it was unfazed even against the anomalous rage of a bull in the tall and constant north. Oh the bright Bellatrix in your shoulder, do tell your secrets. When I stand before and forestall the compartmentalization.

When they quit it was different from inside and there were many people outside when indeed inside only thoughts. Here were laughs, talks, smiles, grimaces, and lights, all alive and illuminated like Orion. But for whom the hunt? Was that you, Harry? Or someone else was born under the crimsonness of the moon. Or did you think of your parents with detestation, vexation. No. Have you broken the divine laws? No.

And Y/N. And now the hypocrisy in your heart blossoming, it was thorned and deep and engraved to the brains otherwise yet merely impeccable. They were stood and then walked down the corridor. It was known that Hermione was appealing. Now was about the age of growing. Never should it be stopped. And with her kindness and daily benevolence it was certain that there would be someone for whom she would done open their mind and heart. Hermione and Y/N spoke of nature and Harry and Ron plowed behind them, speaking their own talk. Then to Hermione came some boy but he didn't matter and he was from Slytherin and he'd asked Hermione out to Honeydukes and she declined but it was polite and she grinned at the boy and the boy came away upset and Y/N grimaced after that and with his hands tightly at his side from then on walked with her and he was back anew only on another day. That were the signs of the ignorance. Why would you. When don't matter all improvements. Y/N. She is yours as you are hers. She and you had become tied. Thus the day won't come when rips out the blood in your chests. Then why tread in the deadly sin? That was their question to reply to. Y/N and Hermione.

2

Harry's arranged a meeting with Lupin on four hours before the midnight of the Thursday night and he'd already left the Gryffindor Tower for the History of magic classroom. Darkness and emptiness awaited his arrival but he'd lit the lamps with his wand and hit the lightness against his eyes and then he waited. Five minutes later Lupin turned up. He had a large packaging case which he heaved onto Professor Binns' desk.