i ~ Doubtful Yet Delightful Dancing

Start from the beginning

Ever since that cheek kiss, the daughter of Ares had been feeling weirder than normal.

She released Annabeth's hands, stuffing her own in her pockets.

Cassie was wearing jean pants, a black long sleeve, and a thick red sweater. Her hair was still it's usually choppy short mess just tucked beneath a red beanie.

Sally was relieved by Annabeth's comment. The daughter of Athena was the most levelheaded demigod to Ms. Jackson.

She believed Annabeth had kept the two, Cassie included, from dying multiple times. Was she wrong? No. But Percy still didn't like it.

"All right, dears. Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson. Thanks for the ride." Thalia nodded.

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"

"Already memorized!" Cassie called. She was good with remembering phone numbers.

"Mom-"

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys."

The slightly hurt look on Sally's face annoyed Cassie. She pulled Percy outside by the ear.

Percy groaned. At this rate he wanted to bury himself in the snow and freeze to death.

Cassie pushed him over and he fell onto his back. Percy grabbed her leg in return and she face planted into the snow.

Thalia and Annabeth who had followed after them
laughed. The duo made snowballs and threw it at the two.

Annabeth landed a snowball right on Cassie cheek. The daughter of Ares yelped but made another snowball and chased the blonde.

They both slipped and tumbled in the snow, Cassie on top of Annabeth.

The blonde blushed and Cassie propped herself up.

"Sorry." The daughter of Ares got up and offered a hand to Annabeth.

"You're an idiot Warpath."

"I've been told."

Annabeth scoffed and playfully rolled her eyes. She looked ahead to Percy and Thalia who were getting farther and farther.

"Come on!"

Cassie followed her, after waving to Ms. Jackson. Sally waved back with a bright smile.

Annabeth grabbed onto Cassie's sweater collar and dragged the girl away.

It was really cold. The wind felt like they were being stabbed by spiky ice.

Once Mrs. Jackson's car was out of sight, Thalia turned to Percy.

"Your mom is so cool, Percy."

"She's pretty okay," Percy shrugged. "What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?"

He regretted that immediately. Over the past few months, Thalia had perfected her evil look. It usually appeared around Percy and occasionally Cassie.

Her punk clothing, chain jewelry, black eyeliner, and electric blue eyes added to the intensity. If looks could kill, Percy would be six feet under.

"If that was any of your business, Percy-"

"We'd better get inside. Grover will be waiting." Annabeth cut in.

"Wouldn't want to worry goat boy more than necessary." Cassie grinned.

Thalia shivered. Cassie couldn't tell if it was from the cold or the creepy castle.