ix ~ Lunch with Father Dearest

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter nine ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
009. Lunch with Father Dearest

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie woke up on the train again. She did some math since she had nothing better to do.

Today was June 14 so that left . . . seven days before the solstice. Cassie nodded to herself and spent the remainder of the train ride reading very slowly.

It was afternoon when they arrived in Denver. Cassie was starving as they hadn't eaten since last night.

"Let's try to contact Chiron. I want to tell him about your talk with the river spirit." Annabeth informed.

"We can't use phones right?" Percy questioned.

"Monsters don't need more help tracking you, Perce." Cassie input. "She's not talking about phones."

They wandered through downtown for half and hour. Cassie liked window shopping. There were some interesting jackets and glasses.

She got some red flame shaped sunglasses. They costed $5 which got rid of all her money.

Annabeth scolded her for wasting it but Cassie shrugged placing the glasses on her head.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Eventually, they got to a car wash and headed to the farthest stall from the street. They kept alert for any cops. Four young kids without a car at a car wash definitely seemed sketchy.

"What exactly are we doing?" Percy asked. He didn't get an answer.

Grover grabbed the spray gun.

"It's seventy-five cents. I've only got two quarters left. Annabeth?" Grover complained.

"Don't look at me. The dining car wiped me out. And someone wasted her money on stupid glasses." Annabeth answered, referring to Cassie.

The brunette held her hands up in surrender with a roll of her eyes.

Percy took out a quarter and handed it to the satyr.

"Excellent. We could do it with a spray bottle, of course, but the connection isn't as good and my arm gets tired of pumping." Grover said.

"What are you talking about?" Percy still had no clue about what's happening.

"He's I-Ming." Cassie responded as Grover put the knob on FINE MIST.

"Instant messaging?"

"Iris-messaging. The rainbow goddess Iris carries messages for the gods. If you know how to ask, and she's not too busy, she'll do the same for half-bloods." Annabeth clarified.

'I wanna meet her someday. Seems cool.' Cassie thought. (Some would warn 'be careful what you wish for' but that's for the future.)

"You summon the goddess with a spray gun?"

Cassie nodded as Grover held the spray gun up and mist spewed out.

"Unless you know an easier way to make a rainbow." Grover said.

The light shone through the mist and a rainbow of colors appeared. Annabeth out stretched her hand.