Chapter 16

I stand before Leon, I can feel my body tremble. Even though with the big stick in my hand I don't think I can match his strenth and speed. And in all honestly, I don't want to hurt him, or anyone in practicular. 

The crowd of werewolves cheer for him excitedly, while Mina just leans back and sips casually from her drink with a mean, knowing smile on her face. A way different Mina than in the tent, but I don't have the time to think about that as the wolf adressed at 'Leon', growls at me with a confident smirk on his face. 

"Please... go easy on me", I silently say, but because of the ears on his head Leon heard me and chuckles darkly. "Don't worry, I let you breath... barely" I gulp and feel my legs shaking and my heart beating in my throat. Fenrir moves next to his sister. I can't completely tell what he thinks but I see a bit of concern in his eyes, or is it just my imagination? 

Leon playful growl snaps me out of my thoughts. My surroundings become blurry once I hear the word: 'start' coming out of Mina's mouth. Leon shows his claws and runs up to me. He's as fast as the wind, I can't see him charging at me. Before I know it, a large force pushes me back and my foot falls over my other foot. My back hits the ground with a loud 'thud'. 

Please... Jonah come back!

Out of nowhere, Leon looks down at me and his sharp claw pulls my by my neck, pinning me to the ground. I can hear the crowd's energetic and enthusiastic cheering and yelling for Leon. His claws around my neck become tighter and I feel his nails making small cuts in my neck. "Already giving up, human? Come on, you can do better then this! Show us your true nature", he says, almost encouraging. But his grip on me is too tight for me to move without a sting of pain in my neck. 

Leon bends down, coming closer to me. It feels somehow personal what he's doing now. "That's what you humans do, don't you? Killing and destorying... Murdering all our females, destoring our forest, so now... do what you can do best and kill me", he says intimidated but yet with a smile on his face. He challenges me. But I don't feel the desire to kill him or anyone else. 

I just want to go home, back to my life. I never asked for this! 

I don't reply and try pulling his claw away from my neck. "I-I don't want to..." Leon seems almost dissapointed. "Oh... now you're making me look bad... " On my fingertips, I can feel the large branch. It must fallen out of my hand when I fell. 

I stretch my arm furthur away without him noticing... "Come on, human. Show me what you can do! How bad you can be!" Leon's grip on my neck becomes tighter and I can't breath. It's like my lungs burn while I swing my legs. 

Just a bit furthur... 

I stretch my arm as far as I can but I can't take it. I'm too far away. Adrenaline rushes through my body while I see Leon's grin on his face, enjoying the sight before him. My lungs start to burn and my body seems to make shocks. The strength in my body slowly fades away and my heart beats more and more loudly, springing out of my chest. I can hear it beating in my ears.

Come on! Just a bit furthur! 

"I said I would let you breath... barely", he chuckles teasingly. Just then I touch with my fingert the top of the stick. I quickly make a grip on it and swing it at Leon's head. The stick breaks almost immidiatly and Leon growls in pain. He releases my neck and backs away. He holds his head in pain. I quickly gasp for air and lie on my stomach to pull myself up. The cheering suddenly stops as everyone looks excited for what about to happen. I stand up, taking one piece of the stick while I still caugh a bit to get some air. 

Leon looks back at me once the pain was gone. First in shock and full of unbelief but then his eyes darken as he growls a bit angry. I can feel his anger from here.

I take the stick in both hands ready to defend myself. "I yield!", I say, not wanting to make it any worse then it is. I don't want to image what Leon will do once he gets the chance to make his second attack. 

Leon wants to charge at me but Mina's voice yells out. "That's enough, she yiels. Leon wins!" Leon wipes the blood on his lip away from his mouth but still looks at me with an unsettling gaze. 

Everyone cheers again, but Leon doesn't he just watches me. Now the adrenaline slowly drifts away I can feel the replacement of pain. Mostly in my neck from the cuts, but also my back where I fell on, as well as my leg. I don't know how I hurt it but it hurts...

I go back to Mina, hoping to get shake of the eyes that are watching me. Mina just laughs and honestly it pisses me off. 

I couldn't breath! I was basically dying.

"(name), come join me. We can watch the game furthur together", she says once she sees I don't sit down. But I shake my head. "I think I'm going to sleep..." 

Mina doesn't say anything as she looks rather dissapionted. I walk away from the crowd and go to an nearby river, next to the tents. I take of my shirt and wrap it around me so only my arms and shoulders are shown. I look into the river and see many cuts from Leon on my neck. There is also a cut on my arm, which is a bit deeper but still nothing serious. 

I touch it and there goes a sting of pain through my arm. I hiss a bit in pain before moving my finger away from it. 

Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me. I perk up and look behind me but I don't see anyone. "Who is there?" I ask softly. A werewolf comes out of the bushes. 

Is it Leon... did he came to finish me?