Chapter 11

The moonlight shines through the trees, lighting up the forest in a creepy way. The fire has died out, and the cold starts to kick in. I watch as the mysterious hunter packs all his weapons on his belt. He has a very serious look on his face and seems to be in a hurry.

I want to ask for his name, but he's busy, and I'm afraid if I ask him, he will shoot me with his eyes of a dead glare. The young man glances at me, his deep eyes terrifying  me.

"Come with me," he demands in a cold tone. "I don't know who you are..."I say carefully. As a wolf howls from afar, he turns his eyes off me. His face looks in that direction, but his body doesn't waste a second on it. He grith his teeth slightly, takes his bag, and tosses it over his wide shoulders. "Jonah..."

"What?"I ask as I stand up, not completely hearing the word he said. "My name is Jonah."

I'm surprised slightly. This is just his second sentence he said in the whole night. He surely is a man of just a few words. Jonah eyes pierce through mine. "Come."
He demands again, this time way more stern. He grips the bag tightly and walks into the darkness between the trees. The mist devouring him completely. As I hear another howling, I jog behind him to catch up.

I get the feeling of being watched again, like someone is burning holes into my back from their stare. It feels uncomfortable and dangerous. I sigh, my breath becomes a white cloud that rises to the night sky. The moon gets covered, and the light that led the way is completely gone. Jonah takes a rush lantern and leads the way. Despite him demanding that I need to go with him, he doesn't glance back at me even once to see if I can catch up.

"Can we go a bit slower?" I ask, trying to keep up. Branches are in the way of my feet, making me almost fall. Jonah doesn't react.

Great, he's not gonna reply to anything at this point...

"What do you want from me anyway? You kidnapped me, and now what?" Jonah continues walking, but I can hear a faint sigh of annoyance. "I saved you from that pack of cold-blooded wolves," he says irritated and walks even faster. I struggle to keep up even harder.

That guy...

I want to complain, but if I want to make the night, I decide it's better to shut up. Who knows... otherwise, he is going to kill me himself.

Before I know it, a branch sticks on my foot, and I fall on the ground. Out of my jacket, my notebook fall out. It moves over the ground a couple of meters away from me. Jonah stops walking all of a sudden. He takes the notebook.

My whole body freezes. The tension growing between us. Jonah turns around, the lantern lighting up part of his face while there is a shadow over his eyes, making him scary. He glares at me. "What's this?"he asks coldly. I push myself up, my hands covered in dirt.

That's right... I completely forgot about my notebook. I put all my werewolf story ideas on it. Being in the wolve pack made me forget it. The silence surrounds us, except a few owls are making sounds. "That's my notebook... I write stories..."

As Jonah opens it, a sudden rush of adrenaline goes through me. I step forward. "Please don't look at it..."
I always hated when others saw my stories.

"A fairytale about werewolves?" He scoffs.
"It's a hobby." I snatch the notebook out of his hand and put it back into my jacket pocket. "I wrote it before I knew werewolves existed."
"Clearly." The hunter looks down at me. My hands see slightly red from the fall, but the painful tingling doesn't matter to me. Jonah turns back around, not checking if I'm okay. I decide to follow him, I automatically want to go faster to keep up, but he surprisingly slows down. "Where are we going?", I ask.

"To Johannes Key..."
.

.

.
Conner returns to his pack, most of them all gathered already. "This was a phatetic little attack. We've had way worse", Clayton says. "Still this isn't a good thing", says the king. He takes some dirt into his hand and sniffs trying to get a scent. "How many did we lose?" "Just four", Conner replies. "Techically five...", Fabian adds. "[Name] is gone too."
"That little...", Conner growls. "How dare she escape from us!"
"She didn't..." The king calmly replies, putting a hand on his son's shoulder to calm him down. Conner glares but doesn't pull away his hand out on respect.
The king walks over to the rest. "Has anyone seen which hunter took her?"

The king detects the familiar scent of [name] and someone else's. Liam loosk around, worrying if she was okay. Knowing that someone else had his hands on her makes him worry jut as much then his brother got to her.

"I've seen who took her", says Anton with a smug grin on his face. "But it ain't no hunter."

"Jonah...", the king growls, letting the brown sand glide of his hand back onto the ground. "That son of a bitch dares..." 

__________________________________

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the long waits but now I'm back on track. I try to upload at least once a month a chapter from each books.

Thanks for all your support and understanding ❤️

Have a nice day/night!