Chapter 9

We follow Cornor to another part of the woods. There are large trees that seem like they reach with their top the black sky. The sun slowly goes up, making beautiful sunbeams. There is also a little fog floating through the trees. I watch Connor. His angry posture seems to have calmed down while Aiden is just as in bad shape as before. He doesn't seem to heal at all. Perhaps it is just fairytale. They can't heal themselves. Or wait, no... that were vampires.

Connor shrugs as he suddenly stops walking. "We're here,"  he speaks with a firm voice and sits down against a trunk of a tree. "What do you mean 'here'?" I ask, looking around seeing nothing more than just trees and forests. "You really are stupid," says Connor. "This is where we meet with the survivors of the pack. We leave at night, the ones who didn't come are either dead or we leave them behind, "he explains with an annoyed facial expression."isn't that... a bit harsh?"

"I'm sorry, puppy. But, these are wolf rules, I don't expect you to react otherwise. You're weak." Somehow his voice doesn't sound as mocking even though he insults me. But somewhere, he is right...

I'm weak if you compare me to a werewolf, especially against Connor or his father.

I look away and help Aiden to the ground. I sit next to him, feeling responsible for him and his wound. "Yeah, I guess you're right..."

Connor looks up, and somewhere, he is surprised that I admit it. I shut my mouth, not giving him any more satisfaction.

Suddenly, Aiden puts his head on my shoulder. I glance at him, his eyes closed. He either way fell asleep or passed out. "Can we help him?" I ask.

"Why do you care?"Connor scoffs. "I don't know, I just do. I'm not cruel like you, "I mumble the last part quietly. Connor frowns I expect be might explode or something but he doesn't and just leans back.

"There is a plant that can help him out..."he eventually says. I look up at him, and our eyes meet. His red eyes are scary, but they're also gorgeous, I can get lost in them forever.

Connor stands up and is eyeing me. "Where do you wait for, puppy?" He asks.

I nod and follow him. "Well, be right back, Aiden."
.

.

.
I and Connor walk what seems for hours. "How does it look like?"
"I already said it looks green."
"Every plant looks green!"I say annoyed. We're till the point were both grumpy and irritated. Our emotions are the only things that we have in common at the moment.
"What do you do in the city anyways?" murmurs Connor.

Wait, he wants to know me more...?

"I go to school and study."That's boring. Why would you want that?"
"So I can have a job and earn money so I can live."
Connor frowns. "You need to work... to live?"
"Yes, I'm afraid so..." I say a little saddened. "But that doesn't make sense," he growls. "For once, we agree."

We both walk furthur. "And besides that, what do you do?"
"Not much..." I hesitate but decide to tell anyway. "...I write."
"About?" "Werewolves."
Connor bursts out laughing. His laugh is mocking and mean again. "Werewolves?! What the hell do you know about werewolves?" I glare at him.

"It's fiction, I didn't even know you existed," I murmur, annoyed. Connor continues to laugh. His deep laugh really screams out dominance and arrogance, the combination of a rich businessman in a romance story. "You really are pathetic, puppy," he says and suddenly pats my head. His unexpected touch comes to a suprise. It's surprisingly comforting as well. "Do you have any tips? You're a werewolf and all."
Connor stops laughing and loosk at me. He seems to think. "We love to eat humans", he smirks. I sigh...

"Beside that?"

Connor seems this time to genuinely think. "We are night and day animals. We eat everything what's alive. We can run at a speed form 60 miles an hour. We have sensitive hearing and smell. Anything else?" He tells me.

"Do you get born wolf or human?" I ask with curiosity. Connor is speechless for a while before he answers. "Human. I- Bunny!"
"Bunny?"
Before I know it Connor runs off. I run behind him. "Hey wait!" I yell as I run behind him. Connor is way faster then me.

I lost him...

Suddenly someone attacks me from behind and I fall down on the ground. I roll on the dirty sand till I stop, pain floading through my body.

"What the hell?"

I look up to see a werewolf hunter and before I can do anything, he hits me in the face, and I lose consciousness...