Chapter 8

⚠️ gore, violence ⚠️

"So how does it work?"I asked. "What work?" Asked Fillip. "The werewolf hunting stuff."
"Oh, well. I'm an individual hunter, "he says. "Right..." I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

How long was he gonna lie?

"Are there others?" "Yes. I may be an individual hunter, but there is an organization. Only when we're gonna hunt down a complete pack we're coming together, " he explained. "Oh, I see," I say as we walk further.

My eyes open, I feel strong arms holding me against a warm body. I look up to see that I lie down next to Clayton. He's still sleeping and holding me close to him.

I escape from his grip, and suddenly, there is a hand on my mouth, keeping me from screaming. "Shh," hisses a voice in my ear. The rough hand against my mouth pulls me to a muscular chest.

Connor?

Connor's warm breath is against my skin, which makes me shiver. Clayton also wakes up and yawns. "Con-" "shh", hisses Connor again. Clayton looks confused, but his ears suddenly start to twitch. He glares as he stands up, his claws become long, and his eyes turn red as blood. I pull connors hand of my mouth. "What's wrong?" I ask as I see the two wolves listen intensely.

"Hunters" growls Connor in my ear with disgust. Suddenly, there are a lot of shots in the air, making me flinch. Connor pulls me down with him on top of me, protecting me from bullets.

Before I can do anything, Connor grabs my shirt and drags me over the ground to the trees. Clayton follows and howls loudly, waking up the rest of the pack.

"What's happening?" I ask, confused.

Before I can get an answer, there are other shots, and I see a quick shadow followed by other shadows.

What are they?

Connor drags me to the rest of the pack. I look at King Hendrick. "What's happening?" I ask out him. "Werewolf hunters," he replies. "I'll see you there, darling, don't run away," he says with a playful tone before someone drags me away.

"What the hell?" I yank myself away and see Aiden looking at me with an emotionless expression.

I need to go these hunters. They can save me!

Just as Aiden tries to get me away, a figure shows up. It's clear to see that it is a werewolf hunter. She wears a long leather coat, covering all her clothing underneath. Her face is also covered in weird masks. It looks at us as we look at them.

"I'm kidnapped."

Suddenly, she points the gun at me and starts to shoot. Everything goes fast and slow at the same time, I can't even process what's happening as I fall on the ground with Aiden on top of me.

I don't feel any pain, only shock and adrenaline. Blooddrops fall in my shirt. I look at Aiden, his bloody body on top of mine. He groans in pain, and then I realize that Aiden has saved me. He took the bullets for me...

I look at him in shock and disbelief. Not knowing what to do, I freeze on the spot. The hunter walks closer to us with the gun in her hand.

Why did she try to kill me? I'm not a werewolf. That was easy to see...

My fear builds in me. My reaction is to hold Aiden, I don't know why.

The hunter points the gun at us, and I close my eyes for the impact...

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Connor jumps on the hunter, dragging her on the ground. I look as he teeth grow and aggressively pull it in his neck. He growls as he tears her neck open, blood filling the ground she lies on. She even still breathes!

I look at him with fear, at the awful scene playing in front of me. The food in me comes up as I try my best not to vomit.

Then, when he tears her stomach open, she takes her last breath, and her mask still looks at me. Her blood is all over Connors clothes and his mouth as he looks satisfied at the body, her organs scattered beside her.

I look speechless at Connor while I still hold Aiden, who's on top of me.

How can't he be disgusted?

He smirks wickedly at the dead hunter. "She tastes quite good..." he mumbles.

"I don't feel good..."I whisper. Aiden still groans in pain. Connor walks up to us with a quite angry look. "Do I have to do everything myself?"he speaks.

He grabs Aidens coller and pulls him off. "Come on, puppy." His voice still sounds angry.

I follow him as we walk furthur. I support Aiden while Connor doesn't seem to care at all.

"Let's go before some other hunters find us..."