Chapter 10

I sat in the sofa, Fillip next to me with a smile on his face. Both in our Pyjama's as were watching a movie. "I haven't had this in a long time," he said with a chuckle. I looked up at him and smiled. "Sometimes you need to have fun once in a while, no?" Fillip chuckled as he nodded his head. "We don't do this where I'm from. People are so harsh to each other, even though you stand on the same side..." I frowned. "You mean werewolf hunters?"I asked. "Yeah... they may sound like heroes, but they don't act like one." Fillip stayed silent, not seeming to want to talk about it any futhur. He looked at me, his eyes warm and his smile soft. His features are gentle and yet strong of will. "What do you wish for?"I asked suddenly. The question just popped off my mouth before I could stop it." Fillip looked up, clearly thinking about it. "I think I would wish for..."

Heat touches my face. It feels comfortable and warm, I hear crackling of the fireplace. It's makes me calm somehow. I open my eyes slightly. I lie on the dirty ground, not chained or bound to anything. With my arms, I pull myself up, looking around confused. I see a figure sitting next to the fireplace. His face is serious, and then I see it. "Fillip?"I ask. My voice is soft. The figure looks up to me, but it isn't Filip. It was someone else wearing the black leather coat of a hunter. He has a stick in his hand where a grilled chicken is hanging above the fire. I can't help, but be sad knowing it isn't him. "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else," I say as the figure doesn't say anything. Only his face is light up by the fire, giving him a dangerous aura. Yet his face is cold and serious. Just as I think he isn't going to say anything, he opens his mouth.

"It's okay..."

His voice is surprisingly gentle and warm, unlike his eyes. He doesn't even glance at me as he says it. His eyes are fixed on the fire that is dancing around the small branches, surrounded by stones to keep it away from the rest of the forest. I look around, not seeing anyone. No hunters, no werewolves. "Are you a hunter?"I ask carefully, not wanting to talk to the man for some reason. He doesn't say anything and just stares at the fire.
I move around, freeing myself from the uncomfortable position I'm in. "Where are the others?" Just then, a picture of Aiden's wounds cross my mind. He may have tricked me, but he saved my life! "Is Aiden okay? Is he dead?"I sound more panicked as I look st the young man, hoping be would give a reply, but he doesn't. No change in his face or even in his eyes. No movement and no reply. I get a bit frustrated by the unknowingness. "I asked if Aiden is -" "He is alive."
His cold voice is like a blade that cuts off my sentence. His eyes seem to go from an emotionless face to a glare. But he still doesn't spare a glance at me.

"So you are a hunter..." I look up and down his black clothing. Some pocket knives are against his legs like you see in assasin movies. He has even an axe on his back. Yet again, he doesn't reply. Something feels off, though...

I stare at him. He's not like the other hunters. There is even no one is sight. There is nothing to hear. We're alone, no one near us. "What's going on?"I walk up to him towering over him, my shadow falling over him. The sky above us is very dark, and not even the slightest star is to be seen. "Who are you?"I say, questioning him. As he doesn't reply, I sit next to him. Not saying a word, his presence making me very uncomfortable. I give up, and he won't answer anyway. Out of the corner of my eye, I look at him. He has beautiful jet black hair, hanging partly over his face.

He's beautiful, I can't deny that. Gorgeous even...

We both stare at the fire before us. "I'm [name]," I tell him. The uncomfortable is killing me. And if he doesn't want to speak... then I should. Right?

"I'm still in school. I live with my parents... or... I mean... I lived with my parents. Not anymore." The guy next to me still doesn't speak a word. Yet I can feel he's listening. "I was friendless, till I met a strange guy. He said he was a hunter. Not just any hunter... but a werewolf hunter." I slightly smile at the memory. "Everyone thought he was crazy. Especially when he was so serious about it." A picture of Filip crosses my mind. Good memories, and then a bad one. Where he bleeds to death and dies in my arms.
"I thought he was pretending too. Yet I wanted to go with him hunting. I wish I didn't..." There is a silence between us but I don't care. "I regret going with him... I regret not convincing him to stay with me."
There is weight of my shoulders as I say that to him. Everything feels lighter... more comfortable...

Suddenly, the guy moves. Making my body tense again. He pulls the stick his way and takes of the grilled chicken. I don't think or do anything as he does that. He takes of the grilled chicken and rips it in two. In each hand having a piece.

"We cannot change the past, [name]."

He finally turns me, revealing a big scar at the other part of his face. It goes around the side of his face, over his cheek and goes down to his chin and over his neck. It makes him even more beautiful in a way. He puts his hand forward holding a piece of grilled chicken. Expecting me to take it. As soon as I get the message I take the chicken and quickly eating it. I hadn't eaten much the last few days. Or it had to be raw but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

The taste of the grilled chicken tastes like I never tasted before. Sweet, delicious, juicy. I close my eyes I enjoy it. "Oh god... this is the most delicious thing ever." I can even feel some tear prick into my eyes. I wasn't normally this emotional but God... I'm so happy because of this chicken. The man sees it and looks away, again eating the piece himself.

Yet I have a feeling I'm watched...