Chapter 5

"What are you doing?"Fillip asked. I worked on the computer, almost typing for an hour. "Writing," I shortly answered. "About what?" "Werewolves."
"Werewolves?"Fillips lips curled in a smile. "You think you know more than me?" He teased. "It's a story, a fiction story. In every one werewolves are different, so does it matter?" I smiled at him. "No, not really. Why about werewolves, though?" "Because you gave me inspiration, now. Let me type my work. "I playfully pushed him away. "If you need a werewolf hunter in your story, I gladly help," he said playfully before he disappeared.

I open my eyes, sensing there is someone near me. "You look miserable, like a little puppy," I hear Connor say. I look at him. He leans against my cage, enjoying the sight. I sigh, not ready to deal with him, and lie back down. "Jesus, you act like one too," he adds by my reaction. "What? Are you going to give me a new nickname?"I ask, slightly annoyed. "Puppy..." he seems tot hink about it for a moment, and then a wicked smile forms on his lips. "Not a bad nickname. Don't you think, puppy?" He challenges me. I stare at the grass, defeated.

"Connor, back off. She already has it hard enough!" I recognize Liams voice. "What? Don't tell me you pity her, "says Connor in a mocking tone. I turn around, facing the scene. Laim doesn't look at his brother just watching the ground, which conforms his suspicion. "You've got to be kidding me. Oh well... I don't expect differently from a half breed, "Connor spits out the term out like venom in his tea.

Fabian happened to be walking by. "Be kind, Connor," he tells him. His voice is smooth, like sings it without singing. Connor glares at him. "Don't tell me what to do. You're talking to your future Alpha," he threatens. "Who says you are going to an alpha? You need to defeat your opponents in combat first, "says Fabian calmly. Connor growls. "Be free to be my opponent! I will rip you apart. Limb. By. Limp." A soft growl leaves Fabians throat but doesn't say a word.

"Gentleman, no fight. How disappointed will King Hendrick be if he knew you two would fight each other? Shame, isn't it?" Clayton says. He sits beside the cage very close to me, but I don't move a limp. Suddenly, I can feel his rough hand stroke my hair. I back away from his touch to the other side of the cage. Not looking him in the eyes. But I can feel his annoyance from here.

I feel watched. There are so many wolves here with me,stuck in a cage. Reminds me from when I was bound by a pole. The day Fillip was tortured to death. The day I got bitten by the same werewolf who locked me up here. Even though it has to be around 3 days surrounded by wolves, it feels like years.

"Everyone get up. You have no business here." The soft yet demanding voice of the king interups my thoughts. I turn around with my back to the wolves, staring into the darkness of the woods. I hear the werewolves leave, I silently hope the king leaves as well, but I know he doesn't.

"Darling." His voice is stern, making some fear rise in me. "Are you hungry?" I so badly want to say yes. My stomach hurts because I haven't eaten all day!

I turn around, face him, and nod my head. "Good." He gives me a warm smile. He has a plate with, I suspect, is...meat?

"What's that?" I ask quietly. "Meat," he says. "What kind of meat?"

I've never seen anything like that.

"Well, it is from your human store, so..."
"Wait, this is straight out of the packaging?" The panic in my voice rises a little. "Yes, why? You seem disgusting. Don't humans eat meat?"

Oh fuck. It's raw!

"We eat baked meat. We don't eat it raw, "I reply. "Oh, that's too bad. You need to eat though", he shoves the plate with raw meet to me. "I can't eat that. Humans particularly have evolved that they can't eat raw meat."

And I just don't want to.

"I'm sorry, darling. This is all I can offer. Take it or leave it", king Hendrick says. I shake my head and shove the plate back to him. "You can have it if you want," I mumble. My stomach hurts even more, but I don't let myself eat raw meat.

The king doesn't look happy at my decision. "I have gone to a human store just for you. This is the thanks I'm getting?"
"I'm sorry, but I don't eat raw meat," I say and turn my head away, not looking at him.

"Darling, do you want to get out of this cage?"
"Yes," I answer.
"Are you going to behave?"
I nod my head.
King Hendrick opens the cage and allows me to crawl out. It feels good to stand on my legs again. Suddenly, he grabs my wrist and gives me a kiss on my forehead. I push him away, in surprise. But his grip tightens, hurting my hands. "Behave means also submission. Unless you want to go back in your cage, you allow me to give you a kiss on the forehead. It's not much to ask, is it darling?" I nod my head once again.
The kings face turns again into a soft smile and gives me a soft, loving kiss on the forehead yet again. I don't like it, I want to push him away and rub it off, but I can't.

"You sleep with my tonight. I don't know what my boys will do if you're alone in the woods, and I don't even want to think about it."
One hand releases me, and the other goes from my wrist to my hand.

He leads me away from the cage.

It's already dark outside, the stars shining through the nightsky. The wind is cold, and the birds singing is long gone. I see the others sitting on the grass. Including Anton, I think his name was. Unlike the others, he hasn't talked to me once, but he was with me while the king bit me.

Hendrick pushes me, I fall over my feet and land on my butt close to Clayton. Who sneaks his hand around my waist, pulling me into his lap. His chin rests on my head as I sense his grin. Even though I don't like him hugging me from behind or sitting on his lap, afraid he would do more then just an arm around my waist, I still like the warmth he shares with me in the cold night.

"Alright, boys. It's time to tell you the plan."