decide! decide, is this it, is it just fine?

Start from the beginning

"..W-What? Oh.. oh, gosh, I'm sorry.. I'm making you think I hate you, no, no, of course I don't.."

"Y-You're not making me think anything.. I'm sorry, it was a silly question.."

"No.. I am." She sits up and crawls over to you, hugging you. You sit still for a moment before hugging back.

"Are you feeling better..?"

"N-No.. I feel like I'm gonna throw up.. but I don't want you thinking that.."

"I wish I could help you, Asa."

"If you weren't here right now, I probably wouldn't be either."

"..Oh.."

"..."

"..."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.. I don't wanna put any pressure on you.."

"N-No, you didn't put any pressure on me or anything. I'm glad I ain't dead right now so I can hug you. Just start with your breathing."

She closes her eyes, readjusting herself on your lap and pressing her forehead against yours. She takes a deep breath, letting out a shaky exhale. She shivers for a moment but continues breathing.

You hold her hand, feeling how cold she is. "Do you feel cold?"

"A little.."

"Here, scoot off of me for a sec."

She gets off of you and you pull your sweater off, handing it to her. "Y/N, I-I don't need your sweater, I'll be fine.."

"No, put it on. If you're cold, you won't feel any better."

"Won't you be cold?"

"Nah, I'll be okay, I promise."

She whimpers quietly and puts it on, pulling the sleeves out to cover her hands. You sit next to her and wrap your arm around her shoulder. She lays her head on you.

"Asa.. do you think you'll be okay for now if I go?"

"H-Huh? W-Why would you go? Are you leaving me?"

"I'm gonna go to the hospital and get the chloroform. I don't want you or Yoru coming with."

"..Why?"

"Cuz you need to calm down. If I run into any devil hunters, I'll be fine. I don't care if anyone sees me, I'll just go in demanding for the chloroform."

"That.. that doesn't sound like a good idea.. won't you have to kill people if you're seen?"

"Nah, I'll just threaten the nurses if they don't comply, I won't actually hurt them. Will you be okay?"

"M.. muh.. maybe.."

"Gimme a yes or no."

"Yes.. yeah, I'll be okay.. Yoru?"

"What?"

"Can you take over until she gets back so I don't freak out?"

"Good idea. I'd prefer to go with, but.."

"..But what?"

"..It seems I still act off impulse, as shown earlier. My apologies, Y/N."

You stare at her, smiling. "No, it's good. I'm actually kinda surprised you caught that without anyone having to point it out.. good job, Yoru."

Her eyes begin to drift away from you as she opens her mouth to speak.

"I know you're about to say, "..Okaaay..", just say thanks or something."